Odsonne Eduoard

Grealish and Van Dijk had clearly demonstrated they deserve/deserved the chance to play at a higher level. What is Tierney showing us, played for a team that steam rolled a load of part timers then moved to Arsenal where he has been part of a car crash of a defence that gets ripped to shreds nearly every week, hardly a great endorsement is it. When Van Dijk left Southampton there were rumors we were at the table, Grealish is apparently on the move this summer and he is linked with us and the rags.

Tierney left Celtic and went to Arsenal. Says a lot.
So by your logic grealish isn't good enough, we shouldn't have signed laporte from midtable Bilbao, fernandinho from the Ukrainian league - rubbish, rodri, stones, sane, zabaleta, kompany etc etc etc... Because Tierney didn't go from Celtic straight into a champions League team. Ok....

So by your logic grealish isn't good enough, we shouldn't have signed laporte from midtable Bilbao, fernandinho from the Ukrainian league - rubbish, rodri, stones, sane, zabaleta, kompany etc etc etc... Because Tierney didn't go from Celtic straight into a champions League team. Ok....
No that isn't my logic at all. All of those players you listed apart from probably Zabaleta had shown they were deserving of going on to play for a top team. You are aware the likes of Rodri, Fernandinho and so on came from top clubs right?

Pointless conversation here clearly, Tierney isn't good enough for City end of.

No that isn't my logic at all. All of those players you listed apart from probably Zabaleta had shown they were deserving of going on to play for a top team. You are aware the likes of Rodri, Fernandinho and so on came from top clubs right?

Pointless conversation here clearly, Tierney isn't good enough for City end of.
They came from "top clubs". No, they didn't -Rodri, maybe. Shakhtar, Hamburg, Everton, schalke aren't top clubs by any stretch of the imagination

Tierney is easily good enough for city, and is better than what we currently have. End of.

We see the game differently. Both cracking players. Denayer, I always thought suffered from thinking he was better than he was, which impedes learning. For me VVD had it all and strive to improve more. He knew he was brilliant too, but wanted to get even better. For me the difference between great and really great is attitude and heart. Denayer would go into huffs and throw strops at times in his career. The day you think you can stop learning you stop.
I agree with all that. Did he misbehave at Celtic though? I thought most of his questionable behaviour was after.

They came from "top clubs". No, they didn't -Rodri, maybe. Shakhtar, Hamburg, Everton, schalke aren't top clubs by any stretch of the imagination

Tierney is easily good enough for city, and is better than what we currently have. End of.
Learn to read fella. I said Rodri and Fernandinho, didn't mention the others on that sentence.
Shaktar and Atletico aren't top clubs? CL all the time, league winners, cup winners? What do you qualify as a top team then?

He's not but ok. Thankfully Zinchenko has more technical ability in his little toe then him so Tierney will only ever step foot at the Etihad when hes playing for someone else.

I know. I was saying when I recommended him, he was at Southampton. I knew he was worth £70m and wanted you to get him. I said, and it's in record on here somewhere that, he woukd sort their defence, you should stop that, because they fix that and they really challenge you. He dud and they won the league. You should have bought Tierney too and now Eduoard, if you don't and one if your competitors do, you will regret it. You could get him.for a pittance compared to what you pay for average players. He's special, young and will go to the top. Why not with you?
If you knew he was worth £70 million at Celtic then why did Southampton pay a whopping £15 million and how come no one else saw it at the time? You know, like actual professionals?

No comparison imo, Tierney is an absolute rolls Royce, zinny "does a job" for a few months at a time - he does it well at time don't get me wrong but he's nowhere near Tierney's level and will invariably get replaced. If we'd bought KT, the LB slot would have been seen up for the next 7-10 years imo
He's a bit of a sick-note though isn't he? - we already have one of those in that position. If he had a better fitness record then he would be ideal for us.

Getting back to the original post Eduoard does look like an interesting prospect and is the ideal age for a new striker. If Kun had signed a one year extension then this signing would have made a lot of sense (particularly with Delap progressing so well).
As it is I think we will sign a higher profile player - just hope we get the one we really want and do not end up signing someone who does not fit our requirements just for their profile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.