Official "Changes To Seasoncards" Thread

I'm CB stand Level 2 and last season cost me just a tad over £600, I budgeted for a 10% increase so have £675 saved. I'm not sure as to what the actual revised standard season card cost will be but the extra £50 to go platinum, rather than gold, includes on-line match programmes (will save me 18 x £3 =) £54 plus other benefit (MANC magazine on-line for free also) so I'm chuffed with this.
Added thought is that while my season card cost has increased over recent years, the rate of increase hasn't kept pace with the massive increase in investment by the club and I now get to see better platers playing better football.

Miffed about this? Not me, I'm delighted at where we are and I'll sacrifice a bit to keep my seat because it's worth every penny and I appreciate that we need to keep within the fair-play rules or choose to opt out of Europe . . who'd vote for the eh?

I'm also mindful that any increase in 'corporate' support (including prawn sandwiches etc.) will benefit the club, improve the investments and help us to knock the rags off their perch - priceless!!

If you buy 5 STs you get no benefit form the other 4 online mags etc, but pay £200 for them. However you need to pay for platinum or lose half your points in effect.

Corky said:
If you buy 5 STs you get no benefit form the other 4 online mags etc, but pay £200 for them. However you need to pay for platinum or lose half your points in effect.

Corky, good point mate. I wasn't thinking beyond personal circumstances but I can see where you're coming from.
Bottom line is, I suppose, that we can't expect top 4 (or top 3) footie and major English honours and Europe on Wigan prices. Though I do think the Sheik would've kept it cheaper but for being snookered by the new rules.

If 10,000 seasoncard holders pay the £50 extra for platinum, the club will make £.5m. That barely covers YaYas wages for 2 weeks. Seems a strange decision.

right i dont wanna sound like a dick, but what the fuck is it on about lol? i'm in south stand level 1, will i have to move?

a lot of people are complaining that the prawn sandwich brigade are coming for their working class club.... If you renew your seat how are they going to get in and wash us out ?

i had my first season ticket from 95 and i've renewed every year since and intend to keep that up for life, from starting being a season ticket holder it meant not having a summer holiday for about the first 8 years, and only one in 13 years

It was a trade off, summer holiday or season ticket, and the pleasure of the season ticket every other week won, and always will, if the prices go up even more in the future as we progress then i'll cut something else out to afford it, simple as.

the stadium will only fill up with new fans if the old ones stop going. My ticket in 118 is £500 for platinum, thats fuck all considering.

my only problem is that i have saved up all season to pay for the next season and carn't until last day of renewals because of fuckin take that concerts and ticket office only taking online and phone renewals . Always
hated take that .

What a load of marketing bollox. Clever yes but still bollox.

The entry level is 'Gold' pmsl. 'Membership', 'free' pdfs of club mags and 'extra' loyalty points for 'just' another £50 on top of any other standard price increases for your seats (or even more in the case of what was the North Stand and is now reclassified as the East Stand).

Anyone protecting their points or aspiring to more will go Platinum and so actually it will make little difference to the overall pecking order. Just a neat way of getting more money out of the fans. Many more will now also sign up to the cup schemes and therefore pay for and/or attend more games spending more money per season overall. Much more money in lots of cases ...... Season Ticket? Supersize that Sir? lol

it's all smoke and mirrors.

There are good deals to be had but only if you acknowledge that you are not in the loyalty points race and just take gold, or better still, value gold.

This is the watershed moment. Do you become the 'consumer' of the brave new brand. Or do you choose to bow out gracefully and be gradually left behind in the race for a future Champions League final ticket.

I'm undecided. I'm quite tempted to pay the lesser amounts, go to fewer cup games, and save the difference to help stump up for tickets from touts when there is a major final that I want to attend.

But probably I'll end up stumping up for Platinum. Sounds sooo posh lol. Like a friggin 'premier' credit card from the 80's that supposedly gave you extra perks but in reality just cost you more money. Course there were specially selected customers who were invited for an even more 'special' credit card 'experience' as well which ultimately made your Platinum Amex or Visa card look a bit weedy by comparison.

Will there be 'ST envy' at the turnstiles?! lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.