Official "Changes To Seasoncards" Thread

benbeer said:
the big question is ... will the loyalty scheme be scrapped after next season, (as if a certain number of away tickets are guaranteed to superbia members, that makes it even less possible for younger supporters to get the big away game tickets), and we move to a ballot system like every other 'big' club. as if so, there really is no point going platinum. my personal feeling is that the platinum scheme is basically a way of raising prices quietly, as if they scrap the points, the renewal prices for 2012/2013 will go on from where they are now.

Exactly blue, us thinkers are in the minority though as most will buy into the Garry Cook marketing bullshit.

Ballot system will be introduced within 3 seasons without doubt. I am just shy of 5000 points, I will not be going platinum and I will also move as the gold value £260 ST is very tempting.

I will still get tickets for the vast majority of away games that I wish to attend and probably every european away game.

Those that are on approx 3000 points will catch up with me more than likley, but by the time that has happened we will be in a ballot anyway. I will not pay for "loyalty points" just to keep ahead of the next fan, if I don't get tickets for the bigger matches then thats fine by me.

If it's been posted before, apologies! Rumour has it 700 Blues have been invited to join, myself included. A quick maths exercise tells me that to be part of it, not only would I need to find the money now, by my reckoning I'd be paying an extra grand on what I can reasonably expect tickets to cost me??!! What do fans get for the extra grand I wonder, a fancy card with my name on it? Thanks but no thanks! Every penny counts to most of us, and everyone I've spoken to so far who has been invited won't be joining, pounds shellings and pence is what it is, rewarding loyalty looks like it will now be a thing of the past.............the price of success perhaps???

awaydayblue said:
If it's been posted before, apologies! Rumour has it 700 Blues have been invited to join, myself included. A quick maths exercise tells me that to be part of it, not only would I need to find the money now, by my reckoning I'd be paying an extra grand on what I can reasonably expect tickets to cost me??!! What do fans get for the extra grand I wonder, a fancy card with my name on it? Thanks but no thanks! Every penny counts to most of us, and everyone I've spoken to so far who has been invited won't be joining, pounds shellings and pence is what it is, rewarding loyalty looks like it will now be a thing of the past.............the price of success perhaps???

These super dupa propper fan cards will be on sale to anyone within 2 seasons.

RACHACE said:
benbeer said:
the big question is ... will the loyalty scheme be scrapped after next season, (as if a certain number of away tickets are guaranteed to superbia members, that makes it even less possible for younger supporters to get the big away game tickets), and we move to a ballot system like every other 'big' club. as if so, there really is no point going platinum. my personal feeling is that the platinum scheme is basically a way of raising prices quietly, as if they scrap the points, the renewal prices for 2012/2013 will go on from where they are now.

Exactly blue, us thinkers are in the minority though as most will buy into the Garry Cook marketing bullshit.

Ballot system will be introduced within 3 seasons without doubt. I am just shy of 5000 points, I will not be going platinum and I will also move as the gold value £260 ST is very tempting.

I will still get tickets for the vast majority of away games that I wish to attend and probably every european away game.

Those that are on approx 3000 points will catch up with me more than likley, but by the time that has happened we will be in a ballot anyway. I will not pay for "loyalty points" just to keep ahead of the next fan, if I don't get tickets for the bigger matches then thats fine by me.

I am thinking along these lines too ... also i'm still just so annoyed by the marketing line that by paying £50 more per season 'your loyalty counts double'. Such bullshit and offensive to suggest that people with more disposable income are more loyal.

The way they should have done it, would be to have created two tiers, one for people wanting to apply for away tickets (which is effectively what Platinum is).

If you don't go away, go Gold, join the cup schemes, and hope you get final tickets.

benbeer said:
The way they should have done it, would be to have created two tiers, one for people wanting to apply for away tickets
Isn't that exactly what they have done?!

Shaelumstash said:
benbeer said:
The way they should have done it, would be to have created two tiers, one for people wanting to apply for away tickets
Isn't that exactly what they have done?!

what i meant was they should be honest thats what they're doing - selling the chance to continue any loyalty built up thus far ...

I'm surprised there are so many negative comments on here. If you look at the Platinum card as the new standard ticket, the price has gone up by about 10% on last year.

If you take in to account there has been a 2.5% rise in VAT, and inflation is at about 4.5% a year, the actual rise is about 5%! Not bad considering we are in the Champions League, have our best team for 40 years, and with the FFPR coming in!

It is standard marketing practice to charge extra for a product that has a higher value / benefits. The added benefits for the Platinum is obviously the double loyalty points. There is a demand for loyalty points, because people want to go to away games and big cup games.

Just as there is a demand for people to sit in the second tier / with their mates. No one see's the problem of the higher price for these though? The reason those seats are more expensive is because there is a higher demand for it because they are a more desirable, in demand product!

People that go to away games might argue they are being fleeced and have to pay extra just to keep up. Well what about the people who don't attend away games? They are actually in real terms getting a discounted ticket from last year. They will most probably not be able to get Cup Final tickets, but that is their decision.

The people that do get a Platinum card are getting a better, more desirable product than those going gold. City are bound to charge a little bit extra for a product that carries more benefits, and they are also offering a cheaper alternative for those that do not wish to have those benefits. It is down to the customer if they wish to buy the higher priced product with the extra benefits.

You've basically got 2 choices, buy the same ticket you had this season for about 5% more than last year, or buy an inferior product for about 5% cheaper

Shaelumstash said:
I'm surprised there are so many negative comments on here. If you look at the Platinum card as the new standard ticket, the price has gone up by about 10% on last year.

If you take in to account there has been a 2.5% rise in VAT, and inflation is at about 4.5% a year, the actual rise is about 5%! Not bad considering we are in the Champions League, have our best team for 40 years, and with the FFPR coming in!

It is standard marketing practice to charge extra for a product that has a higher value / benefits. The added benefits for the Platinum is obviously the double loyalty points. There is a demand for loyalty points, because people want to go to away games and big cup games.

Just as there is a demand for people to sit in the second tier / with their mates. No one see's the problem of the higher price for these though? The reason those seats are more expensive is because there is a higher demand for it because they are a more desirable, in demand product!

People that go to away games might argue they are being fleeced and have to pay extra just to keep up. Well what about the people who don't attend away games? They are actually in real terms getting a discounted ticket from last year. They will most probably not be able to get Cup Final tickets, but that is their decision.

The people that do get a Platinum card are getting a better, more desirable product than those going gold. City are bound to charge a little bit extra for a product that carries more benefits, and they are also offering a cheaper alternative for those that do not wish to have those benefits. It is down to the customer if they wish to buy the higher priced product with the extra benefits.

You've basically got 2 choices, buy the same ticket you had this season for about 5% more than last year, or buy an inferior product for about 5% cheaper

valid points, though not everyone will have had a 10% (in some cases more) pay rise to cover the difference, and its about making the renewal period a watershed: go Gold and there will be no way back, for as long as they retain the points system.

Platinum is not a 'more desirable' product (unless you like reading magazines on screen) in the same way that a seat on the halfway line is more desirable than one behind the goal. It's a necessary 'upgrade' for anyone who wants to go to away games next season or in the future.

One question I would like answered is whether there will be a hierachy within the Cup Schemes - ie, will Platinum get first dibs. As if not, its simply a question of whether you will ever want to go to an away game.

benbeer said:
Shaelumstash said:

valid points, though not everyone will have had a 10% (in some cases more) pay rise to cover the difference, and its about making the renewal period a watershed: go Gold and there will be no way back, for as long as they retain the points system.

Platinum is not a 'more desirable' product (unless you like reading magazines on screen) in the same way that a seat on the halfway line is more desirable than one behind the goal. It's a necessary 'upgrade' for anyone who wants to go to away games next season or in the future.

One question I would like answered is whether there will be a hierachy within the Cup Schemes - ie, will Platinum get first dibs. As if not, its simply a question of whether you will ever want to go to an away game.
If the club states that gold members with more points than a platinum member get first chance of an away ticket it would stop a lot of pointless bickering on here(maybe not),would also make me get a gold membership one pound a game cheaper next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.