Official "Changes To Seasoncards" Thread

Corky said:
Gold loses half your maximum. Last year normal was maximum for everybody.

How could anyone fall for this?
Its quite simple, more cash paid = more points gained, no matter how its dressed up.

Its a fans choice which route to go, if you have plenty of points you can risk gold, if you have hardly any, you can leap frog some of those who don't pay the extra £50 (eventually). They are trying to create a situation where ordinary fans feel they won't get an away (or a final) ticket, and using that to milk extra money from you.

If we all stay gold - no change - marketing fail (small increase in revenue).
If we all go platinum - no change - marketing genius (£1.75m) for nothing.
Of course it will be neither, so some will gain, some will lose, but they are hoping that more will be scared into going platinum than staying gold.

However the bigger picture is that in neither case does the revenue change from this make any real difference to FFP. Why ?

Finish 3rd = £30-50m increase in revenue for playing in the champions league proper (and progressing from the group stage). (For the hard of maths that is around 20x (twenty times) the extra revenue from the ticket price changes).
Buy a top striker £30-50m (yep still 20x the revenue increase).

Conclusion its nothing to do with FFP.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Corky said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
nope, gold is the same level of points for league games as last year, Platinum's doubles.

Gold loses half your maximum. Last year normal was maximum for everybody.

How could anyone fall for this?

gold is last season, they've made ADDITIONS for this season, it's more, whether you like it or not.
Corky is right, Platinum is the same as last year. Instead of thinking Platinum is "doubles" the truth is Platinum is standard and Gold is "Halvsies"

So, if football clubs are not charities and they are not business's, what are they? To be honest I wasn't aware of the huge increases for kids and I have to admit that is a big increase that is hard to excuse.

I assume the reason for doing this is that as they have admitted, they made a bit of mistake and made the family stand too big and it is often patchy for night games. Perhaps by increasing the prices so much for kids they are trying to reduce the size of the family stand to make more seats for people wanting to come to night games who don't have kids.

I understand loyal families are getting screwed over on this by the sounds of it, and I am not saying that is right. I think in the main the new membership scheme is a good idea though, and I think it is an unfortunate necessity that prices have to increase this season

I'm not a great fan of the loyalty points system as it currently stands as I believe it discriminates against youth, but I understand the view of those who think it's fine as it is.

What is happening here to loyalty points is a million times worse than any flaws with the current system. Double points for paying £50 extra is a horrible idea, but the very worst thing for me is the award of points for the purchase of an online subscription to a magazine. Disgraceful decision that one.

Shaelumstash said:
To be honest I wasn't aware of the huge increases for kids and I have to admit that is a big increase that is hard to excuse.

I assume the reason for doing this is that as they have admitted, they made a bit of mistake and made the family stand too big and it is often patchy for night games. Perhaps by increasing the prices so much for kids they are trying to reduce the size of the family stand to make more seats for people wanting to come to night games who don't have kids.
OK, but they're not reducing the size of the family stand (unless I've missed something), so they ARE just expecting the family stand members to stump up big increases for their kids ?

Whether its "doubles" or "halvsies" on last year, it biols down to pay more = get more points, basically its a bribe to those with less points to gain some ground for future "big" games.

And as I've pointed out, compared to the gain from CL revenue, or spending on a top player (before wages), its next to nothing in revenue terms, and none of the changes will create a bigger spend in the shop or on pies or pints.

Family Stand gold membership for kids is £95, which has not increased at all. It's the other parts of the ground that kids are steadily being priced out of

The biggest kick in the teeth for families is the platinum premium is the same £50 whether you are an adult or a junior.

Regular Joe said:
The biggest kick in the teeth for families is the platinum premium is the same £50 whether you are an adult or a junior.
I haven't even looked at those prices so no idea, but if that is right to be platinum for a kid is an over 50% increase in the family stand - ouch. Though I've no idea why you would, you might as well join them in the cup scheme for nothing, as it gives priority for finals anyway (I'm guessing the majority only do the odd away game).

I can't complain £550 considering where the club is at now, with what we've achieved and the players were signing.

It was obvious prices would rise and increase, but i still think the above price is acceptable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.