Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

cookster said:
Bunk said:
They'll play like this:

RB..............CB..........CB..............LB

....................De Jong....................

.............Barry...........Ireland...........

Tevez.................................Robinho
.....................Eto'o.......................

This is exactly how Barcalona play. Santa Cruz, Boj and Bellamy will be benchwarmers unless Eto'o doesn't work out.

Tevez isnt a natural wideman though, there is not alot of width on that right hand side. Tevez perfect position is just behind the striker infront of the CAM.

Correct, this will be Hughes preferred system. Kompany will provide cover for De Jong and CB's

Bazzmand Show said:
Bunk said:
They'll play like this:

This is exactly how Barcalona play. Santa Cruz, Boj and Bellamy will be benchwarmers unless Eto'o doesn't work out.

One change I would make would be

SWP Robinho

Tevez

Eto'o

At home, with Ireland slightly ahead of Barry. Dejong sitting in the back for however is still vitally important

SWP instead on DeJong? not a chance, NDJ (home and away)>SWP

Bazzmand Show said:
Bunk said:
They'll play like this:

SWP Robinho

Tevez

Eto'o

At home, with Ireland slightly ahead of Barry. Dejong sitting in the back for however is still vitally important
Bit weak on the left side, don't you think?

I agree with the 4-3-3 formation but has anyone ever seen Tevez play on the right? I know he has the workrate but if he is coming here to be big dog then will he like being played out of position?

Llewellyn Dowd said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Bunk said:
They'll play like this:

SWP Robinho

Tevez

Eto'o

Bit weak on the left side, don't you think?

Lol yeah messed that upa a bit.

heatonmoorblue said:
I agree with the 4-3-3 formation but has anyone ever seen Tevez play on the right? I know he has the workrate but if he is coming here to be big dog then will he like being played out of position?

Exactly his preffered position is more central.

If we do get Eto which is looking likely, I think it might be possible that Hughes will rotate the squad and in effect have a team that plays at Home, and a team mostly for away games. 2 more wins away from home would have taken us into Europa, add maybe 3 wins making five in total and we wouldn't have been that far off a CL place. I don't think 5 away wins in a season is unrealistic. So if Hughes plays RSC, Bellamy, Petrov & SWP mostly away from home that gives him options to rotate and rest players, and take into account any injuries or suspencions picked up along the way.

I think we missed Bellamy at the end of the season, had the squad included RSC then we probably would have gotten the Europa spot. I don't think Hughes will let anyone leave until he is satisfied that we have sufficient qualiyt and cover in depth.

cookster said:
Bunk said:
They'll play like this:

Correct, this will be Hughes preferred system. Kompany will provide cover for De Jong and CB's

Assuming we sign 2 cbs then we will have an unhappy squad, SWP, Santa Cruz, Boj, Bellamy, Kompany, Zab or Richards and possibly Ned are all going to be waiting on the bench for a game. I can't see they'll be happy and thats assuming we don't buy another rb and assuming we sell Dunne, Elano, Petrov, Cacaido and Evans. With all the above on the bench and the others sold what about our young players, like Weiss?

amone said:
cookster said:
Bunk said:
They'll play like this:

Assuming we sign 2 cbs then we will have an unhappy squad, SWP, Santa Cruz, Boj, Bellamy, Kompany, Zab or Richards and possibly Ned are all going to be waiting on the bench for a game. I can't see they'll be happy and thats assuming we don't buy another rb and assuming we sell Dunne, Elano, Petrov, Cacaido and Evans. With all the above on the bench and the others sold what about our young players, like Weiss?

Thats why Chelsea, dippers and scum are succesfull, they have a big squad for rotation purposes and if we want success we have to do the same ..... 2 top players for every position.

Daz_Blue said:
amone said:
cookster said:
Bunk said:
They'll play like this:

Thats why Chelsea, dippers and scum are succesfull, they have a big squad for rotation purposes and if we want success we have to do the same ..... 2 top players for every position.
Cue The Beach Boys "Two girls for every boy!!!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.