Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

This has always been the most likely scenario. He will get by far the best deal and most money doing this plus have the choice of any club he wants.

We should start seriously reigning in expectation on this IMO......

mancboy123 said:
how does he look like a hero? If he was signing a new contract then maybe so as it is he is doing them out of the money to sign a new replacement player so he can get a bigger payday for himself elsewhere, how does that make him look a hero?

Money can't tuen his head, he wants to stay and earn a new contract - the one he has been offered is not acceptable but will prove his worth and be offered one that is and finish his career.

Most likely someone has said hold your horses and we'll pay more than us if we don't have to pay transfer fees

bluebrandon said:
ITS VERY CLEAR TO ME, HE WANTS A SIGNING ON FEE, SO HE SAYS LETS CALL A PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW TO CLARIFY IM STAYING AT BARCA TO PUT THE FRIGHTNERS ON. WE THEN MAKE AN OFFER TO BARCA AND THIS AMONT WILL INCLUDE ANY PAYMENT ETO MIGHT BE ASKING FOR, IF ITS ACCEPTED DEAL IS DONE, SIMPLES, THATS WHY STATEMENT IS TMORROW AND NOT TODAY.

I think we all heard that didn't we? Even those at the back.

flap flap flap.

can't believe everyone gives so much credence to ONE article in the spanish press.

relax, it is standard stuff in the pursuit of a world class player.

he will be ours.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-latest.com/footballnews/index.php?/archives/306-City-to-seal-monster-Etoo-transfer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-latest.com/football ... nsfer.html</a>

Kinkys Blue Socks said:
Balti said:
svennis pennis said:
Kinkys Blue Socks said:
Has anyone thought that the reason the press conference is happening is because there will be some ground breaking news?

If it was simply a case of him staying, why has his agent just said this today instead of wasting time and effort arranging a press conference for tomorrow?

My guess (and it is a guess) is that he signs the contract for us today, and annouces it tomorrow.

Exactly what i said Kinky!

Gotta love thos positive vibes! Keep 'em coming.

Just trying to keep the balance from the irrational thought of "There's a press conference? Deal must be off then!"

The only concern i have is should this go tits up we are going to be well and truly hammered. I cant see the likes of Garry Cook letting it happen again. Of course we will keep trying but we need this one to come off for our development and profile. We cant be seen to being publicly rejected again.

Posted in the wrong thread so i`ll copy and paste in here

The way i look at it is that we wouldn`t put a bid of £25 million for Eto`o if we didn`t think we had a very good chance of us getting him.After what went on with the Kaka fiasco i doubt City want to go through all that again.

So i reckon we have been talking to Eto`o for a while with Barca`s consent and we are pretty sure of getting his signature,co i don`t think we would bid if we had serious doubts he would come.

i dont no what to think on this.

sky sources we make a £25m bid for eto.

surely if city thought he wouldnt come and we knew the press conference was to say that he was staying put we wouldnt put a bid in!

my thinking is- if city come out and say theres no truth in this bid then imo he's not coming!

but we stay quite then there is a good chance its still on.

i think the next couple of hrs are dependant whether he comes or not!!

personnally i'm hoping city keep there mouths shut.

and we dont see the dreaded these rumours are completely unfounded!

on other hand i have no clue what's going on

I must say you can look at this swinging either way, and yes most are correct it will be major damage if a Kaka type situation occured, the media would have a field day. All we know so far is that city have been very professional with transfer so far and have concluded business very quickly. Fuck I don't know which reports to believe now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.