official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

poh said:
45 years a city fan,fuck the date i joined bluemoon, if anybody so much as suggests that am a glory hunter i will rip their fucking head off.
glory hunter.

First game was only a few seasons ago beat 1-0 by charlton away Darren Bent scored have only been a few times since to be honest and I still haven't seen city win.

28th February 1998 v West Brom, 1st trip to Maine Road - we won 1-0!

I'll be honest, I recently took a shining to the PL, and have been looking for a squad. Before this, I would always follow international competitions and thought why the hell shouldn't I follow the domestic leagues?

Lots of factors have led to me being attracted to City. Success doesn't as have much to do with it though. I discovered this board, I read a lot, enjoyed what you guys had to say, fell in love with the players on the team, etc.

Glad to be on board though! I'm loyal as shit. Out of my four professional sports teams here in the States, only one of them have won a championship in their history.

I decided this was the team for me on 1st February 1968.

I saw my first game at Maine Road on 6th March 1971...0-0 v Wolves, one of the proudest days of my life.

Just trying to find the time I saw us play Arsenal at Highbury, that could have been before then....

However in response to the thread starter and in fairness to me I was here just before the early glory days.

Ducado said:
johnmc said:
Stupid thread.

I agree in some ways. This thread has been done before so I will give the answer I usually do;

I was a foetus when my Mum stood on the Kippax in 1963. Then her belly got bigger and guess what....so did I! Then I was born a Blue a few months later.

It was luck, timing and chance that I have been a Blue for 46 years. It really doesn't matter how long.

started going when i was 7 years old, season ticket ever since (now 21)went to wembley(best day of my life so far)

my very 1st memory was everton away, proper shit game my dad bought me one of those turtle lucky bags at half time so i just started playing with this pink comb all game lol.
i cant remember the score. bet we got beat.

i also took a penalty at half time, it was against huddersfield/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.