official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

davymcfc said:
we are going to start winning things very soon. we are winning games when playing badly. we are being linked with mega stars and we have the best striker in the world. its not going to be long before we get stupid, glory hunting fans. well if i ever get accused of being a glory hunter i can show them this thread. any one else?
I think I'll wait until we start winning trophies until I start claiming were successful and berating our poor rag neighbours..my first game btw was against them in 75 the league cup at maine road...although we are closer than ever lets act with some dignity we know who we are why worry about the daytrippers we may acquire ?

Bobby4Mayor said:
does Sinatra era count as successful? And even if it does, i can at least say I became a city fan not for the glory,
Let us never forget what Sinatra did...he was our true saviour and was the key in making it happen for our current owners

Was a City fan before I was a bluemooner.Saw the legends lift the title in 67/68.Been through the wilderness years as we all have. All are welcome IMO.New slate. No such thing as a gloryhunter.Its a new fan in my book.

davymcfc said:
we are going to start winning things very soon. we are winning games when playing badly. we are being linked with mega stars and we have the best striker in the world. its not going to be long before we get stupid, glory hunting fans. well if i ever get accused of being a glory hunter i can show them this thread. any one else?

5-1 at Villa Park 1990? guy in the white training top celebrating nr the pitch to the right of the goal.

1-0 at Macclesfield guy to the left in an orange jumper coming onto the pitch after Shaun Goaters 85th? minute winner....

That's me.

Bilboblue said:
davymcfc said:

5-1 at Villa Park 1990? guy in the white training top celebrating nr the pitch to the right of the goal.

1-0 at Macclesfield guy to the left in an orange jumper coming onto the pitch after Shaun Goaters 85th? minute winner....

That's me.

David white 4 goals,,what a night

And i was stood in the macc end for that 1 thats where i live,thank fook that will never happen again hated it

Come on really..we are all blues, like someone said is this the my dick is bigger than yours thread or what?

First game was at home to wimbledon and was a bore 1-1 draw.....it was so boring that somehow that me hooked. I cant remember who scored. It was around 91-92. One of the Wards that played for us scored i think...

First season ticket my Dad bought me at about 14 in the platt lane end family stand...Got relegated from the prem :D - Always will remember Lomas wasting time in the corner and how Rushie was kinda gutted he had a field day and relegated us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.