official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

Been a City fan since the day I was born. My dad's a big fan so I'm confident when I say that.

My earliest memory of a game was City Vs Everton at Maine Road. We lost.
I was also there as a little lad when Kinkladze scored his wonder goal.

my first game was a texaco or anglo scottish{cant remember its official name}and ginger nut keith macrae was in goal ,im pretty sure it was against oldham.since then my lowest point was away to halifax in the cup when we lost 1-0, i still remember the little butty shed being pushed down the embankment and everyone shouting allison out.highest point was getting to the final in 81.Still trying to work out which has caused me most ups and downs supporting city for 40 years or being married for 28 years.................no contest come on you blues

Cake said:
28th February 1998 v West Brom, 1st trip to Maine Road - we won 1-0!
thats the first time i saw city win! i had been about 5 times earlier and we had lost and drew every game without scoring.

im 16 and ive been a city fan for the whole of my 16 years :D but ive got to quite admit this thread is abit sad loool<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:51 pm --<br /><br />im 16 and ive been a city fan for the whole of my 16 years :D but ive got to quite admit this thread is abit sad loool

i'm from essex, been a blue for 46 years, when we was in div 2 city fans would say i'm mad to come up and watch this crap! then when i come up for robinho's debut against chelsea i was called a glory hunter! is it pure bred mancs only know? best game i went to was FC twente away about 1978.

Well I've been a City fan as far back as I can remember, I used to have a City babygrow when I was a baby, I was a Junior Blue, my earliest memory of being at a match was when I was about 7 and went to see us beat Southampton 2-1 I think in March 1996, the memory that has stood out in my mind ever since was seeing Kinkladze somehow get through a few Southampton players and get an amazing goal, he was my childhood hero, got a big signed blown up photo of him with me on the wall in our living room. Sadly the next match I went to see was a few weeks later in the last match of that season I think , we drew 2-2 with Liverpool and got relegated on goal difference, ironically I think it was Southampton just above us but I'm not too sure. Then I went to see a few of our matches in the lower divisions, so yeah if I was a glory hunter I'm probably a pretty bad one.

Surprisingly one of my mates jokingly (I think/hope) called me a glory hunter a few days/a week ago because all he ever goes on about was when he was at Wembly and saw us get promotion (which is quite ironic as the guy he called the gloryhunter (me) had been to see the match where we got relegated from the Premiership in the first place and then went to see some of our lower league matches) and also because he had a season ticket which his dad would have bought for him (dunno which league we were in when he had the season ticket though). Really you can't call any City fans real gloryhunters yet anyway as we haven't won anything yet, but when we do, which could very likely be this year, that's when we'll see an increase in supporters.

So yeah despite joining the forums on 7th August 2009 I have been a Blue for a hell of a long time.

I must be one of the glory hunters. I started following City after they won the Cup in 1956.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.