official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

SteWadda said:
HellasLEAF said:
Oasis/Keegan era was when I became CTID.

Proud.

Don't remember Oasis being part of the management team

Was my favourite band. Always admired the EPL and hated United, as they would seam to only air United over here (Canada) on Soccer Saturdays. I took to City quickly as they were their rival and considered the true club of Manchester. Around the same time I found out Oasis were also big City fans. Was hooked ever since.

ANY1aBLUE said:
davymcfc said:
we are going to start winning things very soon. we are winning games when playing badly. we are being linked with mega stars and we have the best striker in the world. its not going to be long before we get stupid, glory hunting fans. well if i ever get accused of being a glory hunter i can show them this thread. any one else?

GROW UP.

Even when 'we' should be at our happiest, there are still morons out there who want to be divisive.
As someone who has been through thick and thin and, mainly, even thinner with the blues since 1968, I welcome anyone to support us as generating more funds is whats going to make us even more successful.

To spout this nonsense, reflects a low self esteem issue with yourself.

To be fair, the O.P. was Oct.2010.
That said I don't have to justify my love for City to anyone!

City fan near 32 years, went to first game when i was 6, remember us losing the game, and crying on way out, dad was proud, he knew one of his sons was a blue. all family are from Manchester, apart from me as dad was in army so moved around alot. been to hundreds of games over the yrs, wish i could live a little closer than i do so could get season ticket, but life has taken me closer to the South of England.

Followed City for a number if reasons about 1990...
I was 6'4" and the most awkward 18 year old you could imagine, just like Niall Quinn
Niall Quinn was my hero in the Irish team under big jack
Ireland in 1990 was football crazy and I had no preferred football team
My friends were Liverpool, United or Spurs
City were 4th in the league and looked up and coming
City had a player manager who was a bit mental - kicking a player up the ass for deflecting a ball into the goal (was that later can't remember)
Quinn scored and saved a goal in the same match
City had cool colours Home and Away
City had a great history but were on a barren patch
City were rough edged and full of drama
They just felt right and it wasn't long before I was obsessed with the blues

Everyone who knows me knows I'm a blue. It's just part of my personality now. I am not a perfect fan, I barely know the words to any songs. But I know who I am and that city are everything to me.

I joined this site a few days ago, But been browsing the site for a few years. Started following City since 2008 (After the takeover) so i guess i fit into the glory hunter category. Been following football since i was 6 always been a neutral having never supported any team, My brother and father are Newcastle United supporters whilst my brother supports Arsenal.

I have no obvious connections to City, Hell i haven't even been to Manchester, Went to the 1st game when we played at Swansea away. What drew me to city was the buzz surrounding the club at the time and the fact that some of my favorite players Robinho & SWP were there at the time and the fact that i hate United with a PASSION. But i can honestly say i've fallen in love with the club over the years and if it all goes tits up in the future ill still be here!

The way i see it the club needs new fans to progress and they should be welcomed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.