official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

I supp0rts citeh sinze 2011 facup final win, i luv city 4 eva i hate united i shit on thm

Been a blue my whole life, despite growing up In Stretford during the the rags dominance. I was present at the 99 division 2 play off final at the old Wembley against Gillingham (And I wasn't one of the ones who left with two minutes to go), . I have been practically all away grounds in the north west. Was at Ewood when we got promoted back to the premier league, and invaded the pitch. Ive been a season ticket holder since we moved to Eastlands. Granted I wasn't at York away but the years of stick and beatings I got growing up as a proud blue during the dark years in the rag capital I think makes me as much a blue as anyone :).

I don't really know when the bandwagon started. I realized I was a City fan in the summer of 2007, right after Pearce was sacked. We were in the Premier League but I know we weren't considered winners. Thaksin Shinawatra had just bought the team and Sven was hired, but it took a lot of time for me to learn more about the club and its history. Is that a bandwagon fan??

1954 was my first game - a couple of years BEFORE we beat Birmingham in the FA Cup Final. We didn't have much money in them days so had to settle for watching that game on my grandma's black and white TV. No such thing as action replays then.

Oh, by the way, we lived in Gorse Hill a few minutes walk from the swamp but the thought of supporting them never crossed my mind. And my dad would probably have given me a thick ear anyway!

Played footy today and were wearing my Kun top, and some lad comes up to me (loads had already congratulated me on winning the league) and goes 'Did you just start supporting City then, where are you from too?' Following my chuckle and rapid fire response, he then proceeded to tell me 'Well sorry for asking but I know loads of people who are City fans now and I was just wondering if you were a bandwagoner too'.

It's happening.

Fuck sake though at that.

I'm a gloryhunter I'm afraid. When I became a City fan we'd already won the league twice, the FA Cup four times (been to eight finals), the League Cup twice (three finals) and the European Cup Winners Cup once.

whothefisAlice said:
Played footy today and were wearing my Kun top, and some lad comes up to me (loads had already congratulated me on winning the league) and goes 'Did you just start supporting City then, where are you from too?' Following my chuckle and rapid fire response, he then proceeded to tell me 'Well sorry for asking but I know loads of people who are City fans now and I was just wondering if you were a bandwagoner too'.

It's happening.

Fuck sake though at that.
I've had tons of people ask. I answer sarcastically and usually they take the point as now I'm mocking them. If they're dumb enough to fall for the sarcastic answer you can have a quiet chuckle to yourself. If you know you supported us when we were in Division 2 and were just as proud to say so, you have nobody in this universe to answer to.

I followed your club after you won the FA Cup last year, and after that you've become overpowered in FIFA 11.

I know, this thread is elitist. So I'll get out of here.

Being brought up in Belfast in 1970's it was all liverpool or united.....thanks to a school team trip to maine road, a kick about with peter barnes and CITY being a real friendly place....I was converted to Blue....(and that was on same day our school team went to old trafford for a visit - even as a young lad I hated them and never forget them handing out photocopied autographs WTF! it was like visting an office block not a football club!) For me, it was always CITY, and they have always been sucessful in my mind, its not all about filling the trophy cabinet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.