Official Knee-Jerk Reaction Thread

Re: Not good enough.

C_T_I_D said:
Terrible defending for both goals conceeded. Richards was diabolical positionally.

?

Spot on. I am sick and tired of his crapness. He shouldn't start another game. He is costing us big time now.

NB West Ham have scored, if anyone's interested. Maybe the Arse will do a City and surrender a 2-0 lead. That might make me feel a bit better.

BobKowalski said:
Pam said:
It is so obvious what needs to be done in January. We need defenders, we really do.

Actually I disagree. We have spent a fortune on new defenders and goalkeeper. Buying more defenders will not solve the problems. Hard work on the training pitch and learning to defend as a team will be a lot more productive in the long run.

Agreed.

We have the players, I think, hope, but just need to work on the actual defensive unit.

Lescott has been poor but it does also seem like he's just been thrown in with little indication of how and where to play outside of the blindingly obvious. Bridge continues to confuse me, I don't want to write him off but it's hard work at times, same with Micah. Toure is class but again he looks vulnerable thanks to the unit he is a part of.

Having said all that, today's midfield was an odd one for me and I still don't think you can really play Tevez and Bellamy in the same team as it'll cost you in other aspects other than hard work, no offence to either players, I am a fan of both.

Robinho coming back should be a boost, he offers us stuff we simply otherwise do not have.

City are the new Arsenal. West Ham equalise with a penalty. Spooky.

Re: Not good enough.

Pam said:
C_T_I_D said:
Terrible defending for both goals conceeded. Richards was diabolical positionally.

?

Spot on. I am sick and tired of his crapness. He shouldn't start another game. He is costing us big time now.

NB West Ham have scored, if anyone's interested. Maybe the Arse will do a City and surrender a 2-0 lead. That might make me feel a bit better.

I agree & that's good news, a rare postive from today.

From what I have seen on the "What is your best midfield?" topics this is the midfield that people wanted.

Does that mean that Hughes knows better or is it the defence that let us down today?

I had to give my season ticket away today as I had to go to my cousins christening. I didn't want to risk the wrath of the covern!

Re: Reality Check

BillyShears said:
Cheltblue said:
Not one stricker???

We are under the kosh every game. Our defence answers very few of the questions that even the most base oposition asks of them. Even the wins over Wolves and Pompey were despite a barrage of shite players getting ball after ball into our box and plenty of chances to boot.

But its more than a 'Lescott' problem, our defence has all the hallmarks of coaching and tactical ineptness.

Sorry, but that last line is fucking utter shite. Fits perfectly in the "knee jerk" thread.

It's been a bad 7 days for the back 4 - but that's it. We have a problem at right back - but that's it.

Hughes' team selection was questionable today, but blaming the hideous display by the back four on him is just plain ridiculous.

Then again, it doesn't take much to get the anti-Hughes tub thumpers going...I fear what bluemoon will be like after we suffer our first unexpected defeat...

Wrong.

Our defence has been a problem all season and while i accept it takes time to mold, our back 4 are losing confidence week in week out, and somebody with a genuine defensive knowledge is needed. Who said Hughes?

Tubthumping works both ways by the way!

lescott looks like a weak link to me

I've not been impressed by lescott thus far. Early days yet but he was bullied by kamara and zamora today they constantly beat him in the air and also turned him easily. A lot of people seem to be blaming Richards at the moment but Micah saved lescott on two occasions today. I'm not trying to pick on any individuals but at the moment would prefer kompany or onuoha to lescott.

Wenger out....Fabregas shit...sell Arshavin....Gallas wank at the back.......2 nil up against West Ham and it's now 2-2. Not good enough!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.