Official Knee-Jerk Reaction Thread

Re: Not good enough.

A top 4 side would have gone on from 2-0 and hit 4 or 5.

Its by no means the end of the world , but I feel like we lost.

Petrov's only input to the last 2 games have been a goal in each, so I thank him for that but apart from that he's done f all.

Oh is that all he's done, pity the other 10 outfield player couldn't of done the same.

Re: Reality Check

Miami Weiss said:
City Raider said:
1 win in 5, this wasn't so unexpected. I never thought our squad was good enough realistically for top 4 but must admit I was beginning to get carried away. Top 6 is still where I think we'll end up - maybe lower if we can't sort out defending set pieces. Certainly this defence is not good enough to make us top 4.

Well said mate,
Just because we spent that much on defence doesn't mean that not one striker will get in or they won't have a shot at goal, people make mistakes, Lescott didn't ask City to pay 24m for him, we all know he's a better player then how he's been doing.

Our defence is nowhere near top 4, we need a new RB and we need the CB to click.

Not one stricker???

We are under the kosh every game. Our defence answers very few of the questions that even the most base oposition asks of them. Even the wins over Wolves and Pompey were despite a barrage of shite players getting ball after ball into our box and plenty of chances to boot.

But its more than a 'Lescott' problem, our defence has all the hallmarks of coaching and tactical ineptness.

All the players are saying that top four is our expectation / aim / ambition. If we defend like that we have no chance. Rather than a point gained, it feels like two thrown away.

It is so obvious what needs to be done in January. We need defenders, we really do. We're great at the front of the team but the defending is woeful and it's cancelling out all the good work that's going on elsewhere on the field. Today, our forwards put us 2-0 up and it should have been enough. The worry is that there seems to be a world shortage of good defenders. Who can we bring in come January?

WHY WAS WE SO FLAT

home game v a team that played 3 games in 6 days

and never got into 1st gear or out of 4th gear
looked so lost at the back and fulham should have been going home with 3 points

maybe we have hit the wall at the moment and have to fight for everything
even the fans seem down and never got going

i would take the league cup right now and a top 6th place
we will never get in the top 4 playing that bad
lets hope the manager/players will hold there hands up and say we played BAD
and look at the back four and give them a right kick up the ass
for a back four of over £50 million pounds that was BAD

"I love Martin Petrov!"

That is my official knee-jerk reaction

We have a top 4 squad. If Liverpool have a top 4 squad then we have a f**king top 4 squad with knobs on.

Begining of December we will have a pretty good idea on how we are shaping up to take that top 4 spot that is just begging to be taken.

Until then just remember...

"I love Martin Petrov!" :)

Fcuking Fulham

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh Why? every fecking time we play these cnuts they get something from the game!!

We need to learn to shut games out when we're in the lead, don't want to be to down beat but to get in the top 4 should we be beating the fulhams of the world at home?

We have only lost 1 which is great just hope we gel sooner rather than later, we're not playing to good at the moment we are lacking fluency imo.

Re: Reality Check

Cheltblue said:
Miami Weiss said:
Well said mate,
Just because we spent that much on defence doesn't mean that not one striker will get in or they won't have a shot at goal, people make mistakes, Lescott didn't ask City to pay 24m for him, we all know he's a better player then how he's been doing.

Our defence is nowhere near top 4, we need a new RB and we need the CB to click.

Not one stricker???

We are under the kosh every game. Our defence answers very few of the questions that even the most base oposition asks of them. Even the wins over Wolves and Pompey were despite a barrage of shite players getting ball after ball into our box and plenty of chances to boot.

But its more than a 'Lescott' problem, our defence has all the hallmarks of coaching and tactical ineptness.

Sorry, but that last line is fucking utter shite. Fits perfectly in the "knee jerk" thread.

It's been a bad 7 days for the back 4 - but that's it. We have a problem at right back - but that's it.

Hughes' team selection was questionable today, but blaming the hideous display by the back four on him is just plain ridiculous.

Then again, it doesn't take much to get the anti-Hughes tub thumpers going...I fear what bluemoon will be like after we suffer our first unexpected defeat...

Pam said:
deano ou812 said:
well that feels like a defeat to me 2.0 up against a team that played monday thusday and we have a week to rest players not good enough, it seems when other teams slip up we can't take advantage not top four in my view these are must win games,it seems typical city are still here...

Me too. I wouldn't might but Fulham have form for this. Season before last we lost a 2-0 lead at Eastlands and they ended up winning it 2-3. Gutted then and gutted now.

FFS.
they were fighting relegation and pulled off a fantastic result which helped them stay up...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.