Official Knee-Jerk Reaction Thread

PowderBlue said:
I dont really think its the defence, its the teams mental attitude. We fail to press home a lead and we panic and sit in when the game turns. This in turn puts pressure on the defence, who then start lumping it, which then plays into the oppositions hands. That is MH's job to sort out.

I agree, and what astonishes me about this is that we had a two goal cushion we still couldn't close the deal. I could understand it a bit better if we were trying to hold on to a one goal lead but two? You have to worry when your back four don't have enough confidence to defend a bit higher up the pitch, even at 2-0. Stupid.

ffs blues, we didnt show our attacking endeavour like we tend to, we never looked like we wanted to move forward, very dissappointing indeed

Re: Reality Check

BillyShears said:
Cheltblue said:
Wrong.

Our defence has been a problem all season and while i accept it takes time to mold, our back 4 are losing confidence week in week out, and somebody with a genuine defensive knowledge is needed. Who said Hughes?

Tubthumping works both ways by the way!

Whatever mate. I don't see how you can justify saying our back four have been a problem all season. The back four have not been
on top form, but the notion that there is some sort of deep rooted problem due to a lack of coaching is just fucking ridiculous.

Dont know if its deep rooted or not, and i dont know that it actually is the defence. But we should be able to stop mediocre teams pouring balls into our box and our defence looking like they have just met each other.

Like i say, you have to give new players time, but we are getting more uncomfortable at the back and at some point you have to look off the pitch to see whats happening.

We do not have sh*t defenders, they would all walk into most teams, but they just do not gel and havnt all season.

Cheltblue said:
BillyShears said:
Whatever mate. I don't see how you can justify saying our back four have been a problem all season. The back four have not been
on top form, but the notion that there is some sort of deep rooted problem due to a lack of coaching is just fucking ridiculous.

Dont know if its deep rooted or not, and i dont know that it actually is the defence. But we should be able to stop mediocre teams pouring balls into our box and our defence looking like they have just met each other.

Like i say, you have to give new players time, but we are getting more uncomfortable at the back and at some point you have to look off the pitch to see whats happening.

We do not have sh*t defenders, they would all walk into most teams, but they just do not gel and havnt all season.

Says it all when the coaching staff tell a watching fan at the training ground that they dont practice for corners. presume that goes for free kicks as well.

Bossman Blue said:
Cheltblue said:

Says it all when the coaching staff tell a watching fan at the training ground that they dont practice for corners. presume that goes for free kicks as well.

It does indeed mate.

Did we sell the wrong defender?

Should have kept Dunne and sold Micah to Villa.

Re: Our Defence Arrrhhhh

The Game 77 said:
Our defence is not good enough no other top 4 -5 side lets a 2 goal lead slip against a mid table team.We are being out jumped at corner's,no communication no team work back there i am really starting to worry about us. It could be our downfall on trying to win something this year its not a top 4 defence.
Come January big improvement is needed in this department
Arsenal did

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.