Official Knee-Jerk Reaction Thread

Pam said:
PowderBlue said:
I dont really think its the defence, its the teams mental attitude. We fail to press home a lead and we panic and sit in when the game turns. This in turn puts pressure on the defence, who then start lumping it, which then plays into the oppositions hands. That is MH's job to sort out.

I agree, and what astonishes me about this is that we had a two goal cushion we still couldn't close the deal. I could understand it a bit better if we were trying to hold on to a one goal lead but two? You have to worry when your back four don't have enough confidence to defend a bit higher up the pitch, even at 2-0. Stupid.

I don't... if theres one thing this team doesn't do, its panic.

Re: Reality Check

Bossman Blue said:
Cheltblue said:
Dont know if its deep rooted or not, and i dont know that it actually is the defence. But we should be able to stop mediocre teams pouring balls into our box and our defence looking like they have just met each other.

Like i say, you have to give new players time, but we are getting more uncomfortable at the back and at some point you have to look off the pitch to see whats happening.

We do not have sh*t defenders, they would all walk into most teams, but they just do not gel and havnt all season.

Says it all when the coaching staff tell a watching fan at the training ground that they dont practice for corners. presume that goes for free kicks as well.

Can't really see that being true, somehow.

Re: Our Defence Arrrhhhh

Emarati*Soccer*Star said:
The Game 77 said:
Our defence is not good enough no other top 4 -5 side lets a 2 goal lead slip against a mid table team.We are being out jumped at corner's,no communication no team work back there i am really starting to worry about us. It could be our downfall on trying to win something this year its not a top 4 defence.
Come January big improvement is needed in this department
Arsenal did

At least they were away.................

Re: Reality Check

Pam said:
Bossman Blue said:
Says it all when the coaching staff tell a watching fan at the training ground that they dont practice for corners. presume that goes for free kicks as well.

Can't really see that being true, somehow.

Sorry Pam but it is true - see a training ground report posted by NMT about 6 weeks ago.

Re: atmosphere lost us that game

element_mcfc said:
Bottom line, people booing and gasping put unneeded pressure on players.
There should be a rule you cant boo or sign if you aren't singing and cheering on!

But people are only doing that because they genuinely don't have a lot of faith in the defence. Gasping is an instinct. It wouldn't be happening if the defenders could defend properly.

Obviously it shows that improvemnts are still needed.
Adebayor looked lazy today.
Hughes actually thought Wright-Phillips could change a game.
We let a two goal lead slip.
Hughes played Bellamy in the wrong position.
Now Touré is injured.
We have NO final ball.
Richards.. Don't set me off.
Lescott - Scored but is still too weak for the money we payed.

We shouldn't be giving two goal leads away but Fulham are a good side managed by a very good manager so this result is not ideal but is not the end of the world. Hopefully we will make up for it by taking all three points at Brum next week. Most realistic City fans know the top 4 will be a big ask, we need the rub of the green with decisions such as Adebayor's penalty claim 1st half and the disallowed goal, if we start getting a bit of luck with these types of decision then the top four might become a possibilty until then I am afraid I do not see it happening this season.

We'd be third now if we could have locked them out at 2 - 0.

Gutted. Piss poor defending. Can't defend set pieces. Toure/Lescott not the answer. Lescott in particular is unconvincing. VK worth a try with Toure in the absence of Neddy. Micah also piss poor positioning and Zabba straight back in.

Dare I say that we missed Dunney? Didn't think I'd say it but there you go.

Knee-jerk reaction over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.