Re: Difference between City and Top 4 is "wanting it more"

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Team for Scunthorpe: (IMO)

-------------Given--------------

Ned---Toure--Kompany--Bridge

-------Barry--------De Jong------

-------------Ireland-------------

Tevez-----Adebayor---Bellamy

Time for us to wake up and make changes in the defensive area rather than our attacking area. Lescott on the bench for now, he can earn his place in the starting 11. With Barry and De Jong aswell, should be a huge lift.

That's your opinion mate, not Hughes'
He will not replace a 24m player, or for some reason replace Richards unless for another RB i.e Zabba.

Re: Reality Check

Miami Weiss said:
City Raider said:
1 win in 5, this wasn't so unexpected. I never thought our squad was good enough realistically for top 4 but must admit I was beginning to get carried away. Top 6 is still where I think we'll end up - maybe lower if we can't sort out defending set pieces. Certainly this defence is not good enough to make us top 4.

Well said mate,
Just because we spent that much on defence doesn't mean that not one striker will get in or they won't have a shot at goal, people make mistakes, Lescott didn't ask City to pay 24m for him, we all know he's a better player then how he's been doing.

Our defence is nowhere near top 4, we need a new RB and we need the CB to click.

It would be different if we'd managed to sign John Terry.

"We're disappointed because in that situation we should see the game out. We haven't done our jobs defensively, we knew the threat Dempsey posed at set pieces. Credit to Fulham, they are organised and made the game difficult for us." - Mark Hughes

fair enough

Re: Has our bubble burst?

ayrshire_blue said:
Sky Blue said:
At the game or on a choppy stream ?

On a choppy stream tbh. He was still rank for most of the game though, 1st half especially.

Those streams today were virtually unwatchable....
My lad went to the game and said Petrov was one of our better players until he went off injured.

The side hasn't been playing as well as last year, the results have masked over that so far but as more games go by you get to know the level a team is at and I can't see us being any better than 6th or 7th. Some of the players we signed I didn't want and thought I was being proved wrong but now all is clear. It's going to be a long haul and CL maybe a couple of years off at least. We can't rely on individual moments of quality to nick games and need to find a team pattern of play.

Nedum and Kompany are a must,our defensive 4 are not lacking gelling ,they are not good enough.

deano ou812 said:
well that feels like a defeat to me 2.0 up against a team that played monday thusday and we have a week to rest players not good enough, it seems when other teams slip up we can't take advantage not top four in my view these are must win games,it seems typical city are still here...

Me too. I wouldn't might but Fulham have form for this. Season before last we lost a 2-0 lead at Eastlands and they ended up winning it 2-3. Gutted then and gutted now.

FFS.

Sell all the mercenaries! I want players that to play for the shirt! At this rate we're never going to win the league!

HUGHES OUT!

(This is a sarcastic remark)
We are getting there bit by bit. CTID.

Not good enough.

Terrible defending for both goals conceeded. Richards was diabolical positionally.

In my opinion it is absolutely imperative we get a new right back in January.

The fact is that a top four side would have turned that draw into a win and kept in front.

Thoroughly dissapointed by this result. Liverpool are right back in the mix for a top four position.

The only consolation is that we have a game in hand - a game in hand that is vital we win it!

Thoughts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.