Official Manchester City vs Hamburg Thread (2nd Leg)

Project said:
For 60 minutes or so Dunne was immense. But time and time again he lets us down with his stupidity.

bollox, he was awful first half, got turned on numerous occasions and thats why he gave so many fouls away. he made a few good interceptions tonight but he was poor and deserved to be sent off

gman07 said:
Andouble said:
Given-6
Richards-6
Dunne-3
Neds-6
Bridge-7
Elano-9
Robinho-8
Caicedo-7
Zabaleta-7
Kompany-8
Ireland-6
Sturridge-6
Gelson- whatever
seems about right to me... elano easily the man of the match for me... zabaleta was also very good and robinho was up to the best of him... being man marked and all
Given-7
Richards-5
Dunne-3
Neds-6
Bridge-7
Elano-9
Robinho-8
Caicedo-7
Zabaleta-8
Kompany-8
Ireland-6
Sturridge-6
Gelson- 4

Spanish said:
I am very sad. I didn´t believe, but Elano, Robinho and the rest of our players gave me hope...

What a rubbish of 08/09... and we will not be in UEFA CUP next year...

It's been all right, it's had all the ups and downs. Great way to come out of a horrible period of 3 losses, but the season is over now though, I really don't believe we can make 7th. We need another couple of points to be positive of not going down, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Bring on summer transfer window and 09/10!

gman07 said:
Andouble said:
Given-6
Richards-6
Dunne-3
Neds-6
Bridge-7
Elano-9
Robinho-8
Caicedo-7
Zabaleta-7
Kompany-8
Ireland-6
Sturridge-6
Gelson- whatever
seems about right to me... elano easily the man of the match for me... zabaleta was also very good and robinho was up to the best of him... being man marked and all
Given-7
Richards-5
Dunne-3
Neds-6
Bridge-7
Elano-9
Robinho-8
Caicedo-7
Zabaleta-8
Kompany-8
Ireland-6
Sturridge-6
Gelson- 4

Let hope MH has now seen the light and plays Elano. But whats the bet he's dropped at weekend

Given-7
Richards-4.5
Dunne-6
Neds-7
Bridge-6.5
Elano-9
Robinho-8
Caicedo-6
Zabaleta-7.5
Kompany-8
Ireland-7
Sturridge-6
Gelson-6

GoForGlory said:
Spanish said:
I am very sad. I didn´t believe, but Elano, Robinho and the rest of our players gave me hope...

What a rubbish of 08/09... and we will not be in UEFA CUP next year...

It's been all right, it's had all the ups and downs. Great way to come out of a horrible period of 3 losses, but the season is over now though, I really don't believe we can make 7th. We need another couple of points to be positive of not going down, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Bring on summer transfer window and 09/10!

are going to entice just mercenaries with us not being in europe though

yankblue said:
We didn't go through, but I haven't been this proud of my team since the derby win at OT last year, and before that, well I don't know.

The lads played their hearts out from beginning to end, especially Elano and Robinho, so the journos can fuck about the Brazilian revolt they're supposedly leading, and how they don't want to play for the team. You can all slag off Dunne, Richards, Hughes, whoever you want but I'm not going too, we went out of the competition with our heads held high and nobody can ever take that away from us.

Credit to Hamburg as well, they outclassed at home and although we were by far the better team today, we couldn't break them down and they weathered the storm. Classy opponents and fans and good luck to them, personally I hope they go on to win it.

Alot of times you learn more from a loss then a win, although we technically won today, we were shown that this team DOES have what it takes to get to the next level. They showed that they do have the heart, determination, and skill needed.

Sorry to get all mushy on ya, but this post made my heart swell.

And just to put in my two cent on MH. He is a young talented manager, (to steal a quote from FM08). He is only going to get better. I still have 100% faith in him.

Elano is pure fucking class. I'm thinking he will be a regular in the lineup for the rest of the season after this performance. I also feel that he should not be sold in the off season like some people seem to think he should be. If he was left on today, we would be celebrating victory.

hertsblue said:
Given-7
Richards-4.5
Dunne-6
Neds-7
Bridge-6.5
Elano-9
Robinho-8
Caicedo-6
Zabaleta-7.5
Kompany-8
Ireland-7
Sturridge-6
Gelson-6

6 for dunne you must be joking
if you work mate fucked up and cost your company a big contract would you think he did ok aswell

Citizen of Ottawa said:
yankblue said:
We didn't go through, but I haven't been this proud of my team since the derby win at OT last year, and before that, well I don't know.

The lads played their hearts out from beginning to end, especially Elano and Robinho, so the journos can fuck about the Brazilian revolt they're supposedly leading, and how they don't want to play for the team. You can all slag off Dunne, Richards, Hughes, whoever you want but I'm not going too, we went out of the competition with our heads held high and nobody can ever take that away from us.

Credit to Hamburg as well, they outclassed at home and although we were by far the better team today, we couldn't break them down and they weathered the storm. Classy opponents and fans and good luck to them, personally I hope they go on to win it.

Alot of times you learn more from a loss then a win, although we technically won today, we were shown that this team DOES have what it takes to get to the next level. They showed that they do have the heart, determination, and skill needed.

Sorry to get all mushy on ya, but this post made my heart swell.

And just to put in my two cent on MH. He is a young talented manager, (to steal a quote from FM08). He is only going to get better. I still have 100% faith in him.

Elano is pure fucking class. I'm thinking he will be a regular in the lineup for the rest of the season after this performance. I also feel that he should not be sold in the off season like some people seem to think he should be. If he was left on today, we would be celebrating victory.

Good post (in parts) but your praise of Elano flies in the face of Hughes's logic and decisions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.