Official Manchester City vs Hamburg Thread (2nd Leg)

GoForGlory said:
Evans isn't better than Phil but Phil really isn't having a good game so I don't know. Sadly Dunnie needs to go though or I'm positive we'll finish this game with 10 men.

Any word on subs?

Maybe I should apply for the job. I suck at tactics but that one was bloody obvious...

Hopes for European silverware thrown away for this season and next in eight days. It's a shame the Blues weren't ready to battle right from the start, or else they'd be moving on.

Oh well. Hopefully the next manager can bring in some defenders capable of defending and find some players who will actually show up for away games.

Assuming City don't suffer unthinkable home embarrassment for the second straight week, pick up the three points against WBA and then just bring up the young players to see what they can do. Nothing left to play for this season.

bizzbo said:
aye i believe good managers make subs to solve problems before they happen and take advantage of the opposition before they can react
i totally agree with this...

Given-6
Richards-6
Dunne-3
Neds-6
Bridge-7
Elano-9
Robinho-8
Caicedo-7
Zabaleta-7
Kompany-8
Ireland-6
Sturridge-6
Gelson- whatever

keemcfc said:
Hamburg1983 said:
rhysmcfc said:
To our German friends, what's the odds of Trochowski starting? He absolutely tore strips out of Hoffenheim when he came on, and looked pretty good against us.

Pretty much 100%, the only guys not making the trip are Collin Benjamin (who played well against Robinho) and Guy Demel (didnt play anyways).

The team will look sth like this:

Rost - Jansen, Gravgaard, Mathijsen, Boateng - Aogo, Jarolim, Trochowski, Pitroipa - Olic, Guerrero (Petric)
collin benjamin is a cheat

edit:
i just watched the highlights and im thinking of someone else i think.
No, fu*k it. Ive changed my mind. Most of them are cheats, especially olic (did you see him near the end roling round taking of his socks?!) and that defender that dragged someone down in the box, TWA*S.

Andouble said:
Given-6
Richards-6
Dunne-3
Neds-6
Bridge-7
Elano-9
Robinho-8
Caicedo-7
Zabaleta-7
Kompany-8
Ireland-6
Sturridge-6
Gelson- whatever
seems about right to me... elano easily the man of the match for me... zabaleta was also very good and robinho was up to the best of him... being man marked and all

I am very sad. I didn´t believe, but Elano, Robinho and the rest of our players gave me hope...

What a rubbish of 08/09... and we will not be in UEFA CUP next year...

For 60 minutes or so Dunne was immense. But time and time again he lets us down with his stupidity.

Andouble said:
Given-6
Richards-6
Dunne-3
Neds-6
Bridge-7
Elano-9
Robinho-8
Caicedo-7
Zabaleta-7
Kompany-8
Ireland-6
Sturridge-6
Gelson- whatever
Given-7.5(but he didnt have much to do.)
Richards-5.5
Dunne-8
Neds-6.5(not much to do either.)
Bridge-7.5
Elano-9.5
Robinho-8
Caicedo-7.5
Zabaleta-8.5
Kompany-8
Ireland-8
Sturridge-7.5
Gelson-6

We deserved to go through easily and hamberg deserved NOTHING.

They were holding tinfoil uefa cups? I hope thats all they ever get, EVER.

Fu*kin CHEATS.

Lads were brilliant tonight as a team. some individuals were a little poor and Dunne is just s**t. I was calling for him to be subbed during 1st half.
My cripe is the managers subs, he just doesn't change things in a positive way. Just before red card i was screaming for Sturidge and petrov, 3 at back dunne and bridge off. then we could have gone for it big style. But it's MH isn't it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.