Official Match Thread | Sunderland vs City 14th March

myleftfoot said:
this first half has scored well on the 'forehead slapometer'. After a slow start the self harming steadily increased, to the rate of 5fsm (forehead slaps per minute).

if the 2nd half continues in this same level of ineptitude, then the record of 525 face slaps dating back to the Alan Ball era, may well be beaten!!!

Post of the day!

squirtyflower said:
de niro said:
hughes would have this game sewn up by now.
slipped in nicely

I realise that he thinks he's being "funny" now by dropping in stuff like this every now and again.. but it's not funny. It just makes him look obsessive.

That whole midfield has been shit all accross it. Meyler has bossed it and he is only a 20 year old. Barry fucking bobbins. Tevez needs better balls to run onto. I would put on Ireland straight away give him 45 mins from Central for Barry hasn't done it have De Jong sitting in front of the back 4 we need a goal and players to create Ireland on to try and swing the game our way.

Viera for Bellamy then another CB for Tevez, leave SWP on his own upfront to contest high balls lofted forward.

Even a useless superman would be better than this sad bunch - at least some chance of creatinfg something

The thing that really pisses me off is that we play 3 defensive midfielders at the beginning of the game and yet we still get overrun in midfield. How does that happen? It does my head in.

We are so one dimensional it's scary. There is a complete and utter lack of anything that even remotely resembles creative play in the centre of the pitch. This is why Spuds will get fourth.

Damocles said:
Not a great half at all. We are being pressured out of the game and we look too desperate when in possession because of it.
Bellers, SWP and Tevez aren't playing very well at the moment.

On the plus side, Lescott is looking very good again, and Kompany is playing alright. Barry was breaking forward nicely before moving but Zab is having to drift wide to help Richards. SWP is running into brick walls at the moment, and the physicality of the game seems to be too much for him. We could really do with Petrov today.

Malbranque is storming us at the moment, and De Jong needs to keep more of an eye on him. As I say, happy with the centre backs though, so seem to be coping with Bent/Jones well enough.

Our shape needs to change a little to a 4-4-2. Tevez and RSC in a little/large, Bellers and Sweep on the wings. We need to match them man for man.

Next goal wins for me.
If all De Jong & co. do is watch the oppos. we'll continue with no midfield platform, Sunderland have a much better midfield than us, I hate to admit it, but our only chance is route 1 to RSC.

myleftfoot said:
this first half has scored well on the 'forehead slapometer'. After a slow start the self harming steadily increased, to the rate of 5fsm (forehead slaps per minute).

if the 2nd half continues in this same level of ineptitude, then the record of 525 face slaps dating back to the Alan Ball era, may well be beaten!!!

I've developed blisters :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.