Official: The Atmosphere Was '****' tonight.

How come the missing 20k can suddenly afford the big games? That's my feeling I understand that moneys tight and I agree that fans travelling long distances should be exempt from any criticism.My mate travels from Majorca every game he isn't wadded he just prioritises and it puts a lot of local based lads to shame imo.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
How come the missing 20k can suddenly afford the big games? That's my feeling I understand that moneys tight and I agree that fans travelling long distances should be exempt from any criticism.My mate travels from Majorca every game he isn't wadded he just prioritises and it puts a lot of local based lads to shame imo.
Well maybe other people have to prioritise as well. I was talking to someone on Tuesday who was saying that he wanted to take his family to the Liverpool game but it would cost them over £150. I suggested he go to last night's game, which was a lot cheaper and was easier to get tickets, or an away game at Wigan or Blackburn. He felt the away game was a better idea as there would be more of an atmosphere.

I think it's a Catch-22 situation in some ways. People know there's going to be a low crowd/poor atmosphere so don't bother buying tickets and watch it on TV.

The club should make it as easy as possible to get tickets and make them cheap (no more than £10 and 2 adults/2kids for no more than £25). I think that's a price-point that would attract more people.

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Who give's a fuck how many was there,we're through to the group stage thank fuck.
and this is the post of the day
Everyone who did not go last night did so for there own reasons we are not at school we do not need to justify why we were not there
by the way I was not there I had to chose take time off for the Liverpool game or last nights game I did not have to think long and I think a lot of CITY fans had to make the same decision.

I've read most of this - people need to understand that to a lot of people even £15 + travel + food etc can be a lot of money. I went last night with my son and it ended up costing me around £50.

I was sitting near the away fans in the East stand and it was quieter, but every thing felt like a friendly. The team put out, we played in 2nd gear most of the game, there just wasn't anything exciting about the game.

Liverpool got 40k but their supporters love European games.

Not saying its all right but its the way, for now.

Asda wouldn't sell me a bottle of whiskey last night that's the last time I send mi miss shopping in that shop !
Rant over

Sick to death of these threads! If people don't want to sing you can't force them! Some people just want to go and watch the football, they paid their money so they are entitled to do whateve the fuck they want there!

I pisses me off too that people dont dig deep to make these sort of games but I know people have to prioritise with the way things are at the minute, I hope that now we are in the group stages that all will come out and support the team.
I think that the fans that attend the earlier games should get priority for the later stages and finals etc on tickets, like they do with away league tickets (points)

We dont want to be getting to the stage where, like the rags, you are obliged to buy all cup tickets! or do we?

tomhawley said:
The where are the 21000 question can have many answers, mainly made up of travel problems, expenses, or plain can't be arsed going to a Europa League match.

I dont think like this, but I don't condemn anyone who decides against going to see that match last night, it is their perogative.
economic reasons for not going would be high on most peoples' list and it will be interesting to see how travel problems will decrease the further we go in the competition

i agree with the no condemnation, people are entitled to do as they please
although i do get vexed when certain 'fans' on here complain about not getting tickets for high profile games as they don't have the points

i have often thought that we should consider a loyalty points scheme for cup games separate to the league games so that those who do support the club in the earlier rounds get tickets to the later ones too

I recieved a rather smarmy text of my mate last night for not going to the game. He lives at home with his parents, doesnt drive and has been in a steady job for the last 12 years so no doubt has plenty of disposable income.

My circumstances as well as many others, are very different and i think alot of people who have the money to go to every game, just assume those who dont go "cant be arsed".

To be fair there was 25,000 there, why is it the fault of people who didnt go that no one couldnt get a song going?

Far too much "im a bigger blue than you" shit flying around these days

Early in the cup, we get half a crowd and hence there is a poor atmosphere.

There has never, ever been an exception to this rule in my 30 odd years supporting City.

What did people expect? 48000 screaming from the rafters?

Some people need to get real. We get this type of crap on this forum after every similar game.

Who cares?

It's no one's "fault", Jesus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.