OFFICIALS SLAGGING OFF OUR TEAM AT HALF TIME - ITK

Soulboy said:
And like I said... it will be interesting to see what Hughes reactions will be be..

If things were said at half-time, as is being claimed, then Hughes has a strong case foir taking this further. But we'll see if he does. I hope he does.

As I said in a thread yesterday, I was right in line with the incident and Bellamy was clearly "touched" so it was never a sending off.

But mistakes happen. What is being suggested by the club goes WAY beyond mistakes though.

Was the result, or was the result not, significantly affected by the officiating yesterday? That's all I was asking. Personally, I'm not in the slightest bit arsed about whether Hughes or the club take this any further or not...

Dubai Blue said:
If Craig Bellamy doesn't want to be a figure of hate for referees he should stop telling them to fuck off at every opportunity he gets. Like Paul Dickov before him, he just can't keep his mouth shut about anything; he bitches and moans about EVERY single decision given against him. Is it really any surprise, therefore, that referees aren't his biggest fan? Perhaps if he showed the officials a bit of respect, he'd get some in return. We might all like Craig Bellamy now, but the vast majority of us thought he was an annoying, whinging little c*nt 12 months ago.

Having said that, the sending off was a disgrace. It was obviously a foul, Bellamy had everything to lose and nothing to gain by diving in that situation, and the referee couldn't possibly have seen it clearly enough to make an absolutely nailed-on 100% decision. So it does make you wonder what other factors influenced him. Yes, it leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth, but Craig Bellamy's only got himself to blame for being a marked man in the eyes of referees; much like Didier Drogba. You reap what you sow.

Finally, if the referee did make those alleged comments in the relative openness of the players' tunnel then he's a complete fucking idiot, but I'm not at all surprised that he holds such an opinion of Craig Bellamy.

Funny how they never take the same action when the gobshite and diver wayne rooney opends his scouse trap.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:
And like I said... it will be interesting to see what Hughes reactions will be be..

If things were said at half-time, as is being claimed, then Hughes has a strong case foir taking this further. But we'll see if he does. I hope he does.

As I said in a thread yesterday, I was right in line with the incident and Bellamy was clearly "touched" so it was never a sending off.

But mistakes happen. What is being suggested by the club goes WAY beyond mistakes though.

Was the result, or was the result not, significantly affected by the officiating yesterday? That's all I was asking. Personally, I'm not in the slightest bit arsed about whether Hughes or the club take this any further or not...

And as the game is finished, the sending off was allowed, the offide goal was allowed, it's all irrelevant.

On here we can spout off our opinions. It's only Hughes that can take this further and make some sort of a stand.

Do what baconface does... start putting pressure on the referees and get them fearing upsetting you.

It's what winners do!

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:

As an aside... yes. But just about EVERY game is signifivcatly affected by the officiating.

Throughout this season we have had bad decisions, too many to list. We're the only Premiership not to have been awarded a penalty yet ( I think!).

So was Bolton really any different? Probably not.

But I'm not really sure what your point is.

Soulboy said:
BillyShears said:

And as the game is finished, the sending off was allowed, the offide goal was allowed, it's all irrelevant.

On here we can spout off our opinions. It's only Hughes that can take this further and make some sort of a stand.

Do what baconface does... start putting pressure on the referees and get them fearing upsetting you.

It's what winners do!

Mate, stop dancing. You suggested earlier that it's possible Hughes' complaints about the ref after the match were there to mask another disappointing result. And I keep asking you, and you keep ignoring my question. Did the officiating effect the result?

I'm gonna answer for you to make this simple. Yes it did. Bolton's first goal was offside. Not marginally, but quite clearly. Bolton's second goal came from a throw in which should have been ours. Bellamy should never have been sent off. We scored three goals away from home, and should have conceded one. I think every single manager in the premiership would have reacted the same as Hughes to yesterday's officiating. To suggest he was trying to mask another poor result/performance is bollocks.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:

It's what winners do!

Mate, stop dancing. You suggested earlier that it's possible Hughes' complaints about the ref after the match were there to mask another disappointing result. And I keep asking you, and you keep ignoring my question. Did the officiating effect the result?

I'm gonna answer for you to make this simple. Yes it did. Bolton's first goal was offside. Not marginally, but quite clearly. Bolton's second goal came from a throw in which should have been ours. Bellamy should never have been sent off. We scored three goals away from home, and should have conceded one. I think every single manager in the premiership would have reacted the same as Hughes to yesterday's officiating. To suggest he was trying to mask another poor result/performance is bollocks.

And it's you that's talking bollocks mate! Read my post. We were cheated, I was there and saw it. I said as much yesterday and am still saying the same.

And for that reason I want Hughes to take Clattenburg on and report him for his half time comments.

If Hughes was serious about Clattenburg's integrity... and he is clearly questioning it with his post match comments... then don't just woman about it... get off your arse and send letters to the FA.

If he's seriously concerned he'll do something about it. If he isn't then why the fuck raise the issue in the first place.

He's either wanting to take action, or he's using it as a smokescreen.

It's Hughes decision. Not mine!

What are you suggesting Hughes does? Nothing? Let's it go? Or takes action?

If he does nothing, then he's just bitching. Like all the posters on here (and I include mysel) are doing.

Soulboy said:

A smokescreen for what? A disappointing result? And did the officials effect the disappointing result? Therefore is it not a valid complaint rather than a smokescreen? Is that logic too difficult to follow?

I'm not arsed about whether he takes it further or not. Just pointing out the absurdity in any poster trying to suggest that Hughes' complaints yesterday were about masking some deficiency in himself or his team...if you're not suggesting that than I apologize.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:

It's what winners do!

As a final point, I'mn all for messageboard disccusions on the merits of an argument... but do you have to personalise it with me every time you respond to one of my posts?

You are obviously a bit of a hard man and like acting as the bouncer on the board, but I'm a bit old in the tooth for such childish behaviour.

You are supposedly educated... then start acting like it.

BillyShears said:
Soulboy said:

A smokescreen for what? A disappointing result? And did the officials effect the disappointing result? Therefore is it not a valid complaint rather than a smokescreen? Is that logic too difficult to follow?

I'm not arsed about whether he takes it further or not. Just pointing out the absurdity in any poster trying to suggest that Hughes' complaints yesterday were about masking some deficiency in himself or his team...if you're not suggesting that than I apologize.

What does a "valid complaint" mean?

You either take action against it if you are seriously concerned...or you are just bitching about it. There are only two choices.

If Hughes doesn't want to take it further, then stop moaning and making suggestions at post match interviews that there is dodgy goings-on afoot.

He has to put up or shut up.

That doesn't deflect from the fact we WERE cheated yesterday. But i'm just a fan who can do nothing about it, whereas Hughes can.

I would imagine it would be out of Hughes hands if it gets reported. He'll talk to the chairman, who will talk to the clubs lawyers who will make a recommendation and report back then the chairman will make a final decision. All Hughes can do is kick start the process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.