Offside judgement (Laporte v Wolves)

I've looked at the lines in the cold light of day before and after reading your post and l still think the goal line and the drawn line. But l wouldn't get onto an argument over it on here or in a pub.
The fact that l cannot be passionate about it shows the resignation and acceptance that all this fannying about has put into me. After a lifetime of watching l do not understand the selective rules brought in to support the original rules and make them fit.
That's fair enough, I didn't really examine the lines that heavily, so you may be correct. My response was really to highlight the 2 issues I have with offside VAR, not the lines themselves. I will agree with you totally about the resignation, acceptance and the selections rules.

Five mins after the ref turned up he had given both sides the best of five tosses - we called correctly on four of 'em and Wolverhampton Hyenas only won one. The match went ahead so Laporte's goal could be chalked off and the original tosses result could stand.
Easy innit?

Where are the lines on the screen for them ? We just dont see them , the still get close decisions and we the payers dont get to see them forensicly inspected
Come off it.

79388385-55AF-49AC-A794-E0986CC01839.jpeg
AEB9AC54-A626-45A2-8FD8-D202A0B9020E.jpeg

Both of those look more onside than last night.

It’s ok entirely possible to be a massive City fan and still remain rational you know.

It helps that 99% of them understand the law and its implementation.

Loads of City fans still think the line is to the top of the shoulder for a start.

Although they don’t all agree anyway, see var thinking United should have had a penalty and the ref saying no after a look. Same with Liverpool in the prior game last week.
New policy to do this rarely and kid people along that it's all fair

No in fact you are the stupid one.
Because you give the rule of handball and not for offside.
These are 2 completely different things you should know.

The (and offside) part you wrote, is YOUR DISCOVERY.
It is NOT mentioned at all in the article. Prove me wrong. I challenge you.

I will repeat what is the official FIFA rule in order people to not be deceived with your false interpretations:

View attachment 11690

View attachment 11691

So ARM DOES NOT count for offside position!

Well they are equally wrong interpreting this too. The rule change for what is considered "arm" was only for handball offence.
IFAB clearly has this on the clarifications of the law changes for this season.
Look Mike, a couple of things for you as you’re a newbie:

1) The onus is not on me to prove anything, I’m backed up with the PL, IFAB, articles on the subject and the fact that every offside var decision this year has drawn the line to the “t shirt” line. For you to be right, every single decision and written piece about it this season has to be wrong. You’ve had it priestly explained that the upper arm is classed as being the shoulder, a part of the body, not arm. Therefore you keeping posting the same thing, CAPITALISING IT and underlining it in bold does you no favours. All you’re doing with each reply is letting everyone know you have issues with a complete lack of understanding. You can only be offside with a body part you can score with, that includes the upper arm as it is not classed as “arm” under the new handball rules. Get that into your head and suddenly everything will make sense.

2) There is absolutely no need to include your IQ in your username and I’m not sure who told you otherwise.

Look Mike, a couple of things for you as you’re a newbie:

1) The onus is not on me to prove anything, I’m backed up with the PL, IFAB, articles on the subject and the fact that every offside var decision this year has drawn the line to the “t shirt” line. For you to be right, every single decision and written piece about it this season has to be wrong.

2) There is absolutely no need to include your IQ in your username and I’m not sure who told you otherwise.

Let me repeat in case you understand it:

This is the official FIFA rule that stats arm in the offside rule no NOT matter:

hkjhdkjads97898789.png

fghfhg897989.png

So ARM DOES NOT count for offside position!

We can use FA also to show this if FIFA is not enough:

OFFSIDE
A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

HANDLING THE BALL

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
  • A handball offence (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

So PL and IFAB disagree 100 % with what you say.
The extension of the arm is ONLY for handball new rule and not for offside too.
Only morons would not understand it since they state it so clearly.....

Your ego seems to be so high you cannot even read correctly as it seems while the statements are SO clear. Arm does NOT count for offside rule.

Come off it.

View attachment 11694
View attachment 11695

Both of those look more onside than last night.

It’s ok entirely possible to be a massive City fan and still remain rational you know.
It's bizarre the notion it is only us who has lines. I mean really?
It's like all rationale goes out of the window just because a goal has been disallowed.

That's fair enough, I didn't really examine the lines that heavily, so you may be correct. My response was really to highlight the 2 issues I have with offside VAR, not the lines themselves. I will agree with you totally about the resignation, acceptance and the selections rules.
Can we say hsve been beaten into submission after winning 21 on the trot? Something like submission does apply with the double whammy of not celebrating and then waiting for the decision expecting it to go against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.