Oil money and Arab money city

didactic said:
adorado30 said:
IMARRIEDBLUEMOON said:
entirely my sentiments mate. Said since we were first took over by 'The Arabs' this was the case. During the stoke game we were actually called terrorists by sections of their fans, couldn't believe it! But just goes to show how the media influence joe public. The mere fact that they ARE arabs and muslims frightens a lot of people and probably undestandably so. (i had a few pints tonight with a Salford Reds fan and apparantley they are being took over by 'Arabs'. Even though a life long fan he has sworn that he will never go again.) Me saying that it is the way of the world and that it works for us didn't help (he is a Manyoo fan of long standing).
Just goes to show folks...................!!!

Why should anybody be frightened by a Muslim/Arab ? Could you please explain that theory ?

hahahaha :) Only on bluemoon

unfortunately its not only on Bluemoon.

Rocket Sauce said:
jrb said:
Unethical.

It's not the right way to run a football club. So say United, Arsenal, Bayern, Platini, UEFA, etc.

Actually Platini and UEFA have gone silent on the subject now the Qataris and PSG are about to announce a......(fillin as appropriate)

Platini holds on to this romantic notion that football should not be a globalised game when it comes to ownership. He often mentions MCFC and Chelsea when demonising billionaire owners, but fails to mention that almost half of the Premier League is owned by foreign entities. And he certainly never mentions the Glazers or Fenway Sports.

Fucking hypocrite...

Maybe he should check who owns PSG !!!!!

Platini is a major knob

adorado30 said:
IMARRIEDBLUEMOON said:
entirely my sentiments mate. Said since we were first took over by 'The Arabs' this was the case. During the stoke game we were actually called terrorists by sections of their fans, couldn't believe it! But just goes to show how the media influence joe public. The mere fact that they ARE arabs and muslims frightens a lot of people and probably undestandably so. (i had a few pints tonight with a Salford Reds fan and apparantley they are being took over by 'Arabs'. Even though a life long fan he has sworn that he will never go again.) Me saying that it is the way of the world and that it works for us didn't help (he is a Manyoo fan of long standing).
Just goes to show folks...................!!!

Why should anybody be frightened by a Muslim/Arab ? Could you please explain that theory ?
Still waiting for him to answer this...

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
corky1970 said:
nearly every column inch describes City in such a way.

Arab money, Oil dollars, megabucks...etc

if our owners had white skins and weren't Muslims i don't think we'd be referred to as this all the time.

you never here the source of other clubs "sugar daddies"

billionaires own a large percentage of Premier clubs, why don't we here their industry prefixing any description about their club ?

Abramovitch and CFC have come in for a substantial amount of criticism but they seem to have weathered that particular storm, but I think it is the above combination that generates most of the criticism. Were the Good Sheik a WASP with respected offices on Wall Street the money, and consequently the success, might produce a different reaction. We never hear of MANUre having Jewish owners, or funded with dubious dollars. Oil is something that provokes a mighty reaction in a lot of people who fill up at the pumps, and chuck in Muslim as well, and yer have a pretty pickle!

Abramovich is a Jew. Big difference between him and the Glazers in that he puts money into his shitty little club, and they take money out of theirs. Thats the reason its never mentioned the Glazers are Jews is because of the way they exploit their club. Imagine reading an article along the lines of ''Manchester United and their 100s of millions of fans are exploited by conniving and greedy Jews''. There woud be carnage.

For the sake of clarity I should add that I am not arguing the Glazers are thieving shysters because they are Jews. Our club is controlled by a non-Jewish Yank, Stan Kroenke, and he is exactly the same. Its the American way. Scousers would also agree with this after being shafted by Gillett/Hicks.

Most fans would prefer an Arab/Russian owner to any others, for the simple reason they spend money.

The minority shareholder at Arsenal is Alisher Usmanov. A (muslim) Russian who is far wealthier than Abramovich. Some of our fans don't want him, because of his business background (all Russian oligarchs are dodgy) and because we would then carry the stigma of being a sugardaddy club. The majority,however, are coming round to the conclusion that he would be the lesser of two evils.

Actually I reckon you have taken less stick over your money than Chelsea did over theirs.

corky1970 said:

if our owners had white skins and weren't Muslims i don't think we'd be referred to as this all the time.

billionaires own a large percentage of Premier clubs, why don't we here their industry prefixing any description about their club ?
This is rubbish. Chelsea is referred to as Chavski or Chelski for a reason. Quit the victim mentality. It's the money, not the religion or race.

And what are the connotations of the term "sugardaddy"
Why is this expression used instead of " successful and shrewd businessman who adds a football club to his business portfolio with a view to huge investment to ensure the future success of that club for the benefit of owners, staff and fans"?

matty barton said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
corky1970 said:

Abramovitch and CFC have come in for a substantial amount of criticism but they seem to have weathered that particular storm, but I think it is the above combination that generates most of the criticism. Were the Good Sheik a WASP with respected offices on Wall Street the money, and consequently the success, might produce a different reaction. We never hear of MANUre having Jewish owners, or funded with dubious dollars. Oil is something that provokes a mighty reaction in a lot of people who fill up at the pumps, and chuck in Muslim as well, and yer have a pretty pickle!

Abramovich is a Jew. Big difference between him and the Glazers in that he puts money into his shitty little club, and they take money out of theirs. Thats the reason its never mentioned the Glazers are Jews is because of the way they exploit their club. Imagine reading an article along the lines of ''Manchester United and their 100s of millions of fans are exploited by conniving and greedy Jews''. There woud be carnage.

For the sake of clarity I should add that I am not arguing the Glazers are thieving shysters because they are Jews. Our club is controlled by a non-Jewish Yank, Stan Kroenke, and he is exactly the same. Its the American way. Scousers would also agree with this after being shafted by Gillett/Hicks.

Most fans would prefer an Arab/Russian owner to any others, for the simple reason they spend money.

The minority shareholder at Arsenal is Alisher Usmanov. A (muslim) Russian who is far wealthier than Abramovich. Some of our fans don't want him, because of his business background (all Russian oligarchs are dodgy) and because we would then carry the stigma of being a sugardaddy club. The majority,however, are coming round to the conclusion that he would be the lesser of two evils.

Actually I reckon you have taken less stick over your money than Chelsea did over theirs.

not true, we've ruined football remember.

One thing is sure - Chelsea are rarely mentioned with "mega-rich" tag, one that is there for 2-3 times in any City article.

it might be same with City in few years but I'm pretty sure there are lot of people that are not really over the moon to see some Middle East Arab/Muslim's owned club winning things in England/Europe. And it's not only limited to regular fans, such people are among those who are in power too.

Good thing is that City owner is not just regular rich Arab businessman but part of ruling group in one country so they are limited with diplomacy stuff to go even harder then they do.

A bit strange aint it considering that most clubs in the English Premier League (12 of the 20) are under foreign ownership/ control yet that hardly gets mentioned as much as it does with City:

Owners/ Majority shareholders:

Arsenil - yank/ russkie/ Iranian
Aston Villa - yank
Chelsea - russkie
Fulham - egyptian arab muslim
Liverpool - yanks
MCFC - uae
ManUre - yanks
QPR - malaysian
Reading - russkie
Southampton - swiss
Sunderland - yank
Swansea - bloody taffies! ;-) .... (the welsh are also infiltrating norwich and west ham......)

you'd think they'd be more worried about the amount of yanks in football lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.