older fans returning now we've won a cup

Re: older fans returning.

Iam older fan always been since 62,grandad went to hyde rd me old man went to first game at maine rd 1923 both rip.

xgorton said:
Iam older fan always been since 62,grandad went to hyde rd me old man went to first game at maine rd 1923 both rip.

I'm not on about fans who have always supported us, I'm on about fans who have now returned! Fans who have returned saying they have always supported us! For gods sake!

The 1980s born fans have had it a lot easier than the 1970s born fans.

You don't remember the 1981 final, but we do and are unlikely to remember the 1976 and before.

The 1980s fans have had a lot less longer to wait for a final win that they remember too.

The 1990s fans have had it very easy, just getting better and better.

Corky said:

You don't remember the 1981 final, but we do and are unlikely to remember the 1976 and before.

The 1980s fans have had a lot less longer to wait for a final win that they remember too.

Have I read that somwhere before?

Went first game in 68

Gave up season ticket when the Thai took over and only been once since.

Am i a johnny gone firstly

been a blue for bloody years, my brother and dad went to city on their own untill 65 when i joined them.since then there have been seasons where i could go loads and some where i did only home or even only midweek games.as your get on in life you can go more and more and thats what i've done, so more than some and less than others but either way i call myself a blue and a loyal and dedicated one at that. life will maybe stop me going so often again one day you never know.
if that happens i am no more or less a blue than the next guy imo.

crizack said:
Corky said:

Have I read that somwhere before?

You tell me. How would I know?

Haven't been a regular match goer since the late 90s. I stopped going because of work commitments and then later for financial reasons. I still get to the odd game but once you stop going and don't go for a while, you get out of the habit and the urge to get off your arse and go isn't as strong as it once was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.