Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to give the lad credit , he could easily take the money and move to a Wolves or Fulham but if he has the cahoonas to stay and fight for a place with the talent we have at our disposal then he should be given his chance , i also think he realises Pep is the best in the business and can only improve his game.

Yep,he has a very refreshing attitude,i'm a big fan.

His parallels with Delph are interesting, especially the desire to stay and try and make it when you are clearly a squad player who could move to a decent top 10 side at the drop of a hat for good wages. I like that. Delph proved you just never know when things are going to happen for you.

Look at the age difference between him and jorginho tho. maybe not now but who even knows who jorginho was at zinchenko's age.
Yeah, I was looking straight up right now. In 5 years, Zee would be World Class. We can rediscuss then :)

He is 21, & the biggest criticism he is getting, is that he 'may' not be good enough, as a midfield player, a position he hasn't been allowed to play, for one single senior game, at his club. He was instead, shoehorned into an alien position, in which he did his best, to help us out.

And he is supposed to become top class as a midfielder, instantly, wheras if Mahrez starts the season poorly, most people will (rightly) say "give him time to settle in ffs". Yet he is a p.o.t.y. who has played in his favourite position, for years.

So Zinchenko (& Foden, Diaz etc) all have to become as good as Silva, Mahrez & Co, pretty much straight away without having the opportunity to actually play, for years, like Silva, Mahrez etc had.

Silva, Mahrez, Fernandinho etc, would not be getting a regular game, in this team, at 21, if they had been here & never played the position at this club, previously.

We are basically telling Zinchenko he has to be better than they would be under the same circumstances, or sold.
What's going on here? You get a brain upgrade or something this summer? I'm liking what Im hearing from you lately.

Let's hope the old Neville stays perma away:p

What's going on here? You get a brain upgrade or something this summer? I'm liking what Im hearing from you lately.

Let's hope the old Neville stays perma away:p

That's worrying.

I was saying exactly the same thing last year. He played well in Holland as a midfielder in spite of some reports, just lacked energy at the time.

Besides his ability as a footballer he also appears to be a bit of a character, I for one endorse this as there are too many boring bell ends in football.

I like him, good attitude, maybe needs to beef up a bit but he’s a good footballer and could be more than helpful in a long season, he filled in well at times last season .

I like Zinchenko's attitude... but honestly, where does he fit in our squad?

Defensively in the ICC he was torched time and again by a 34-year old Robben - yes, Robben was world class and is a starter at Bayern - but torched time and again by a 34-year-old player?

Offensively? - honestly just watch him - he gets the ball with space in front - what does he do? - he passes it sideways/backwards nearly always. He does not attack players one-on-one - nor does he make killer forward passes. A promising attack starts and Zinchenko gets the ball - it stalls.

Zinchenko is OK, and has a great attitude (apparently convincing Pep to play him in the ICC for most games) - but honestly... he's simply not of the requisite caliber to advance our side. He's awful defensively at left back; he's awful as an attacker; maybe he can play as defensive mid?

I like Zinchenko for his apparent attitude - but he's obviously not skilled enough to be a regular starter - moreover, I think that he's not good enough to play in our side as backup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.