Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He meant it! He's far better at putting a dinky Zinky cross onto someone's head. That did have some extra power. He might not have meant to put it exactly where it went but it was a shot on goal. In fact, I had him down for another couple like that. He always looked as though he was gonna get on the scoresheet last night!

He looked up at the goal before he hit it, then watched it all the way in, so if it was a cross, it was a bizarre way of hitting one & no idea who he would have been hitting it to.

Goal was a fluke.
Aleks is becoming an excellent squad player.
His only problem is his status as a foreigner.

He has been judged good enough to get a squad spot so it isn't holding him back. The glut of left footers who play in our midfield is his problem. That said playing LB has meant he gets lots of the ball and in more space when we play teams that sit back. Positionally our LB is as far or further forward as most wingers and probably does less defending. Its when we face the top sides that his lack of defensive experience might come back to haunt us.

I would of liked to see Delph come on and zinc into his preferred position ,attacking midfield

He is the left back who always sneaks into left midfield - that's why he is sometimes out of position at the back - he is so desperate to get involved in the game in the position he feels comfortable - I like him

He has been judged good enough to get a squad spot so it isn't holding him back. The glut of left footers who play in our midfield is his problem. That said playing LB has meant he gets lots of the ball and in more space when we play teams that sit back. Positionally our LB is as far or further forward as most wingers and probably does less defending. Its when we face the top sides that his lack of defensive experience might come back to haunt us.

It will.

He isn't a left back & he's miles too slow to defend v top quality & no good in the air either, as well as positionally. If he had to play against any of our wide players he'd be killed.

His City future will be decided on his midfield play & we don't let him play there. Last night was another chance to try him out & again not even considered.

Did you spot the crazy paragraph in that article?

"The Carabao Cup was the only domestic honour Guardiola failed to win with City last year and he could now be on course to put that right this term."

You wot mate?
I did, and sent it to a mate of mine for highlighting at their next editors meeting. ;-)

Didn’t make note of it on here, though, as I didn’t want to turn this in to another Media Coverage thread. Those inaccuracies (or outright laughable bits) are fairly common place these days, unfortunately.

The quote itself appears to be real, as I found it in a few articles from last night from various outlets covering the match. I chose Goal because I refuse to post Daily Mail on here (some standards).

Last edited:
It will.

He isn't a left back & he's miles too slow to defend v top quality & no good in the air either, as well as positionally. If he had to play against any of our wide players he'd be killed.

His City future will be decided on his midfield play & we don't let him play there. Last night was another chance to try him out & again not even considered.

An element of truth but can we really complain about two games in 4 days were we play 4 teenagers and win by an aggregate 16-0 ?

We could discuss, whether Zinchenko could have been used as a genuine mid for some parts of those games.

And whether the fact that he wasn't, suggests he has no future at City.
He's 6th choice at best for a midfield role and we were happy for him to go to Wolves in the summer, think it's safe to say he has no future here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.