Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to actually see him play his position a couple of times, before he went.
It may be nice, but ultimately a bit pointless. Very unlikely now too with the games left and KDB, Silva, Bernardo, Foden, Gundogan all available for 2 positions.

He has been judged good enough to get a squad spot so it isn't holding him back. The glut of left footers who play in our midfield is his problem. That said playing LB has meant he gets lots of the ball and in more space when we play teams that sit back. Positionally our LB is as far or further forward as most wingers and probably does less defending. Its when we face the top sides that his lack of defensive experience might come back to haunt us.
I think he will go eventually, he's not a good enough LB and he aint gonna get a midfield spot
I like him but he'll do better elsewhere.

It would be nice to actually see him play his position a couple of times, before he went.
Can't really justify it when we have 5 other midfielders to give gametime to who are either key players or have a future at the club and while he's more use to the team overall at left back. If potential buyers want to see him play midfield they can watch Ukraine.

While I agree, I feel that decision was made a long time ago tbh. I'm sure they've tried him plenty of times in training there and probably decided they'd just much rather let Foden have those opportunities instead. If that's fair or not, I've no idea...but I think it is what it is. He's not had it too bad really. Plucked from relative obscurity, he'll win plenty of trophies under of the greatest coaches ever and he's had a nice platform to build a career off.

Unless the player is asking for it, he appears settled and clearly has a role to play in terms of depth & versatility

While I agree, I feel that decision was made a long time ago tbh. I'm sure they've tried him plenty of times in training there and probably decided they'd just much rather let Foden have those opportunities instead. If that's fair or not, I've no idea...but I think it is what it is. He's not had it too bad really. Plucked from relative obscurity, he'll win plenty of trophies under of the greatest coaches ever and he's had a nice platform to build a career off.

Agree with this. He'll have some very good offers and I think he'll go on to have a good career. I'm glad he scored last night, feel like he deserved a goal.

I'm seriously baffled as to how that goal could be interpreted as a fluke. He doesn't look into the box so if it's a cross he has no way of knowing who he's crossing to?

Agree. He comes over as a very sincere and popular character, but I just don't see him as being able to force his way into the first team on a regular basis. If he does go, we will all wish him well and keep tracks on his career

Think he actually meant the goal. The keeper was off his line and if he did it was very clever. But no surprise Burton’s best chance came down the left side. He’ll be sold in the summer no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.