One of the Worst Premier League Seasons?

Hardly any classic games.

The best two have come in the last two weeks with Chelsea v Spurs and West Ham v United. Other than that I'm scratching my head at any really good games.

The standard of football has been very average. There appear to be no top class teams. The middle of the league has improved but the top of the league is arguably the worst it's ever been. The fact that two teams that have been absolutely dreadful for long stretches are going for fourth place today speaks volumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't seem to take a second of pleasure about the Leicester thing. I hate Spurs but at least they're good to watch. But Leicester? Na.

I wouldnt say it was pleasurable because I cant wait for us to knock them off their perch next season (yes you read it here first, we will win the league) but it is refreshing that its not just us, Arse, Chelsea and rags anymore. The parity is good for the league and its only going to get harder to win. Which we will.

;)

We have finished at least 15 points behind Leicester fucking City.

About sums up City fans bemoaning a half decent season unable to even understand a league table.

Worst season, no . Worst sets of spoilt fans....?

Our appalling record against the top sides,who have also been pretty shit, certainly backs up your point. In fact that's probably where I'm most disillusioned this season. Its hard to believe that we've, hopefully, got 4th and a cup yet lost 7-1 over two games to fucking Liverpool and didn't win a derby etc,etc.
I think it's funny as fuck that we didn't beat anybody around us in the top 4 yet still have a foot in the door for top 4. If we'd won half of them head to head games we win the league....simples.

The standard of the league has probably been the worst in memory. Leicester have won the league at a canter by playing some pretty basic kick and run football that normally would struggle to get you above 6th or 7th, but all the usual contenders have been absolutely woeful. Spurs have been alright and that's about it. The general standard of the league though has been absolutely terrible, considering the amount of money in the league it's been pretty embarrassing how badly everyone has played
...................but it's the greatest football story ever told

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.