One of the Worst Premier League Seasons?

Too many on here are forgetting the relegations & nearly bankruptcy, we still won a trophy & got to the champions league semi final disappointed we never gave it a go in Madrid citing that & also have qualified for the champs league again and fans are saying we underachieved? We never turned up in the big games this year at all in the league so inconsistent and that was the bottom line, it will really show Guardiolas worth next season when he doesn't have a ready made team for him like his previous jobs!

Too many on here are forgetting the relegations & nearly bankruptcy, we still won a trophy & got to the champions league semi final disappointed we never gave it a go in Madrid citing that & also have qualified for the champs league again and fans are saying we underachieved? We never turned up in the big games this year at all in the league so inconsistent and that was the bottom line, it will really show Guardiolas worth next season when he doesn't have a ready made team for him like his previous jobs!
You've actually made the point you were trying to disprove. We didn't turn up in any of the big games. Therefore we have underachieved I'd say.

On paper, when people look back at this season in 20 years, they may conclude it was a good season. But in the cold light of day it wasn't really. I don't think too many will really see this as a very satisfying season.

You've actually made the point you were trying to disprove. We didn't turn up in any of the big games. Therefore we have underachieved I'd say.

On paper, when people look back at this season in 20 years, they may conclude it was a good season. But in the cold light of day it wasn't really. I don't think too many will really see this as a very satisfying season.
I think that's the polite way of saying "it was fucking garbage!"

Not just a bad season but 20 months of steady decline ending in squad choices and substitutions which were all about MPs personal glory in Europeand players playing for themselves ( take a bow Kun) rather than as a team. Thank fck it is over. A new manager and a team to rebuild....

The first thirty minutes against Bournemouth at home, the middle twenty minutes against Newcastle at home, and the opening twenty minutes against Bournemouth away.

Sure I'll have missed some brief league moments, but those are the few prolonged periods where we have done ourselves justice this season. Something's amiss when that's the case.

In terms of City's long term history it's not been a bad season. 1 cup won at Wembley, a semi-final in the Champions league and finishing in the Champs league places = better than most people have seen with City.

However in terms of our recent history and current expectations with the squad we have, this season has been underwhelming and we've underachieved badly.

I'd also say the type of football we've played has been boring and lethargic.

Already can't wait for next season though....

Threat title is OTT. It's hardly been a disaster has it?

The Big E is creeping back in! We're in the league so we should be winning it! A team will win the league if they are clinical up front and tight as a fish's at the back. We've been profligate up front and occasionally woeful at the back, but we still get fourth. The same with variations can be said of all the expected pre-season title winning teams bar Leicester.

Worst premier league season - no even close, we've been relegated before!

Disappointing because of our resources and expectations - yes but hey ho we got top 4 in the end. We move on with a better manager who'll sign a new generation of top players for us

The first thirty minutes against Bournemouth at home, the middle twenty minutes against Newcastle at home, and the opening twenty minutes against Bournemouth away.

Sure I'll have missed some brief league moments, but those are the few prolonged periods where we have done ourselves justice this season. Something's amiss when that's the case.
West Brom (A) Chelsea (H) Sevilla (A)

Agreed.... :)
Still remember the days,we were really shit..... :(

6aNpLdW.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.