Open arms for new fans !

Arrived early last night and Hung about the Colin Bell Main entrance pre match.The hate the tourist mob should go round there pre match.The seething would be on an epic scale.:)

IcelandicBlue said:
BimboBob said:
IcelandicBlue said:
What about foreigners like me who have had City as their first team since they were 5?

3 whole years? Pah...

13 really :(

I would be jealous as I'am of all blues your age. You are going to see at least 52 years of City winning trophies.

dobobobo said:
Why should we welcome glory hunters?

I'm all for foreign supporters who have City as their second team. But anyone from England seeking glory can fuck right off. "#Together" was following City even when things were really bad.
I only started supporting City when I moved to Manchester in 1997. That makes me a new fan, but '97 was hardly a glory year, so maybe not a glory-hunter!

Saying that I originated in Cornwall and still have a very soft spot for Plymouth Argyle, so even City's exploits of the late 90's were an improvement.

afhald said:
"It's not the quantity but the quality that counts"

It really isn't. If we are to compete with the Real's and Barca's (and yes, United) then we need a vast worldwide fan base to generate our revenues.

We cannot afford to be all protective and tell anyone who does not come from Manchester and isn't born a blue to fuck off.

We can do that if you like playing shite in the rain at Gillingham. Maybe you would like to form F.C. City (like F.C. United) and stand watching dross football and crowds of 400. Personally, I would not.

Simply put, we have to welcome them so that we can generate the kind of income that we need if our plan of domination of European football is to come to fruition.

However, I can also see the flip side. I've been going to City for 30 odd years but haven't had a season ticket for 20 of those due to my job. So far, this hasn't really been a problem but it's already becoming difficult to get tickets for certain games. Unless we increase the capacity of the stadium those loyal fans who for one reason or another can't have a ST are going to be screwed.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
dobobobo said:
Why should we welcome glory hunters?

I'm all for foreign supporters who have City as their second team. But anyone from England seeking glory can fuck right off. "#Together" was following City even when things were really bad.

Kids under 13 in Devon, Norfolk and Lincolnshire, who are going to switch to City couldn't have been at York away.
They will demand (and get) a replica shirt for their birthday and cheer us on from afar over the next few years.
In 10 years time, they'll be in their local supporters club travelling to games or choosing Manchester Uni so they can be in their ''spiritual home''.

Welcome them all.

Couldn't agree more.
Just as long as they go to the proper Manchester University,and not that dreadful Manchester Met Polytechnic place :)

Hey! The Poly is my Alma Mater - as well as a Morrissey song ;)

I guess if you're being so friendly, I can be honest about my position. I chose City (as opposed to being brought up with them). I wasn't brought up with a team, Dad used to support West Ham when he was young but moved away from London etc. I didn't get into football until I was about 18, I'm 21 now.

I moved to Manchester (yeah for Uni), fully aware of City and United. I'm a dirty southerner, I'm fed up with half of the South being UTD fans having never visited, been involved etc, that wasn't for me, Glory hunting isn't me. Following a team that has such highs, lows, tension and real integrity fits with me so much better and that's why I'm here amongst the faithful.

I managed to miss the opportunity to take me Dad to see a few games (schedule, monies etc), but next season I'll be there, with you guys, shouting, singing, no matter what. I'd honestly still be here if we were bottom and fighting relegation.

So, yeah, I hope you accept me guys, and onwards and upwards yeah?

I don't want new supporters just because of the success we are having.

Anyone who does clearly knows fuck all about football and glory hunters I know are very sad people who are desperate to be associated with anything successful.

Aside from glory, we are a quality footballing side now - a joy to watch! I think a lot of people will be drawn to us for that as much as the glory. If they're in it in order to watch beautiful football being played (you know kompany's bullet headers and dejongs wondergoals...) then i cant complain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.