Operation One End

Like any big change, it would need time to sort itself out. Expecting it to be perfect straight away isn't going to happen, fans need to move about and settle down.

The problem last night was replacing the away fans with a load of cardboard cutouts of fans. All just stood there with arms folded all night. At times it looked like that mural they had at Arsenal a few years ago.

Unfortunately, "operation one end" has failed. It was never going to work. The reason is quite simple, some people want/like to sing and some don't.

It is impossible to replicate the effect of a standing terrace in a pre-determined seated stand.
Going back to the standing Kippax days, if you wanted to sing then you congregated with like minded blues in a free form expandable area, so the group could grow.
Now in a seated stand your ticket permits you to sit on a particular seat, there is no way of organising a compact group of singing supporters its just the luck of the draw.

The only way forward for "operation one end" is to have a stand with "a sit where you want" arrangement. Where a singing group can be more easily established. Whether this is possible with Stadium regulations I'm not sure.

After last nights match Vincent Kompany said he was not aware whilst on the pitch of the situation in the Napoli game, other than he thought the fans would have been more vocal had City been in a position to qualify. So the players are picking up on the flat atmosphere.

Regarding the "tourist" supporters, the real question is:
If there were so many tourist supporters in all parts of the ground, then where were the "real" City supporters?
I'm grateful that the "tourist" supporters are coming, its spreading the word about our great Club, putting bums on seats and most importantly putting £'s on the bottom line. Perhaps if more people gave them a warm welcome then they might join in with the singing. Making them feel unwelcome certainly won't help generate an good atmosphere.

The tourists turn out more for CL games right now and to be honest we need them as we won't sell out most CL games without them as demand has not exactly been high (Bayern sold out one night before... Norwich sold out one month before...). Hopefully we get plenty for our Europa League game(s) where we could be lucky to get 30,000. I had an Asian tourist sat next to me, she didn't make a noise at all but filled what would have otherwise been an empty seat and happily did the Poznan.

ashton-blues said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
I think the level 3 boys came down to ensure they don't lose their seat in future ;)

Seriously though if that lot tried as hard at creating an atmosphere then they do whinging constantly on here it might improve.
fuck off you prick

Chill out mate, I understand you don't want to lose your precious level 3 view.

Doesn't work simple as no banter or anything to create an atmos I actually saw a city fan giving the wanker signs to 111-110 last night when we sang we're we're u when we were shit, and after the stand buckling up in tier 3 I think should be knocked on head for good, we're too good now to be concerned about away fans and were they sit/stand

Don't think it will ever work. Everyone is dispersed amongst people they don't know, no concentration of liked minded people. Maybe if they moved whole blocks together so they met in the middle. Anyone know why the same group of fans are livelier and louder at away grounds.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:03 am --<br /><br />Don't think it will ever work. Everyone is dispersed amongst people they don't know, no concentration of liked minded people. Maybe if they moved whole blocks together so they met in the middle. Anyone know why the same group of fans are livelier and louder at away grounds.

maurizio said:
Don't think it will ever work. Everyone is dispersed amongst people they don't know, no concentration of liked minded people. Maybe if they moved whole blocks together so they met in the middle. Anyone know why the same group of fans are livelier and louder at away grounds.

To be fair, at away grounds a lot of people start drinking 2-3 hours before the game so are more vocal anyway, but more importantly they/we stand up. For whatever reason people tend to sing more when they are stood up, but this is very difficult to replicate at home games.

Solihull Samba Boys said:
maurizio said:
Don't think it will ever work. Everyone is dispersed amongst people they don't know, no concentration of liked minded people. Maybe if they moved whole blocks together so they met in the middle. Anyone know why the same group of fans are livelier and louder at away grounds.

To be fair, at away grounds a lot of people start drinking 2-3 hours before the game so are more vocal anyway, but more importantly they/we stand up. For whatever reason people tend to sing more when they are stood up, but this is very difficult to replicate at home games.

The average allocation we take up at away games is 3,000.

There are 3,000 blues in the south stand and about 800 in the "singing" section stood up every game. The south stand on matchday's is split half and half, 3,000 each or there abouts and the away section is a lot lot louder.

I cannot believe that people think the atmosphere is fine, I can't believe that people are opposed to a drum!

They alocate a specific area as a family section so couldn't they have a singing section where people would only buy a ticket knowing it was going to be loud for 90 minutes, there would be a pressure to sing along and they would have the view of someones back if they wanted to sit down.

At away games I sometimes get put near people who really do sing for 90 minutes (even if it is 'every little thinng...is gonna be alright') and I just wish I could sit with them at home games. I presume the noise is better at away games because it's the fanatics who make the effort to go-whether they can really afford it or not.

I feel really sorry for the kids in the family stand, what kind of football supporting education are they getting? Football is a way of letting off steam, and yet they're being taught to sit there quietly for a lovely day out with mummy and daddy. Poor things!

I find it really frustrating when it's really quiet - and singing when we're winning makes no difference to me, that's just as bad in my book. But it's even more disheartening to hear people on here sayoing that the atmosphere is fine, or normal, or good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.