Operation One End

dajd1984 said:
I cannot believe that people think the atmosphere is fine, I can't believe that people are opposed to a drum!

They alocate a specific area as a family section so couldn't they have a singing section where people would only buy a ticket knowing it was going to be loud for 90 minutes, there would be a pressure to sing along and they would have the view of someones back if they wanted to sit down.
This has been done, the club actively promoted 110/111 as a singing section. It worked to an extent but sadly also attracted a lot of people who just want to stand near the noisy bit without actually making much noise themselves. Now you'd be hard pressed to get a spot there because of the silent standers.

I've said this to my old man a few times, maybe it's been said on here before and i will prepare the 'tin hat' but i think the fundamental problem is the South Stand. My memories of being in the kippax lower at Maine Road was that there wasn't any singing section....the very fact that there were pockets of 'singers' right throughout the North Stand and Kippax an indeed, even the Umbro stand meant that the singing spread between these pockets, therefore encouraging those in between to sing also.

Now i have two nippers and sit in the family stand, i try and sing, i encourage them to sing (and make sure they practice damn hard during the week also) but the looks you get in there for trying are unbelievable.

Colins Bellend said:
[
I feel really sorry for the kids in the family stand, what kind of football supporting education are they getting? Football is a way of letting off steam, and yet they're being taught to sit there quietly for a lovely day out with mummy and daddy. Poor things!
Surely your taking the piss

Absolutely not taking the piss! As a kid I'd get as close to the noise as I could, I'd go to away games on the coach and I'd love singing along with the loud ones and learning the songs. I idolised them a little and I'd like to think I've become a bit of what they are. (I don't know where they worked or their moral standards so I didn't want to be like them in that way, I just liked the passion they had and showed!)

dajd1984 said:
I cannot believe that people think the atmosphere is fine, I can't believe that people are opposed to a drum!

They alocate a specific area as a family section so couldn't they have a singing section where people would only buy a ticket knowing it was going to be loud for 90 minutes, there would be a pressure to sing along and they would have the view of someones back if they wanted to sit down.

At away games I sometimes get put near people who really do sing for 90 minutes (even if it is 'every little thinng...is gonna be alright') and I just wish I could sit with them at home games. I presume the noise is better at away games because it's the fanatics who make the effort to go-whether they can really afford it or not.

I feel really sorry for the kids in the family stand, what kind of football supporting education are they getting? Football is a way of letting off steam, and yet they're being taught to sit there quietly for a lovely day out with mummy and daddy. Poor things!

I find it really frustrating when it's really quiet - and singing when we're winning makes no difference to me, that's just as bad in my book. But it's even more disheartening to hear people on here sayoing that the atmosphere is fine, or normal, or good.

Not all true mate, my 8 year old joins in with the songs when I can get them going! its bloody hard work though!!!

leenik said:
Not all true mate, my 8 year old joins in with the songs when I can get them going! its bloody hard work though!!!

Well pointed out, I'm sure there are some who work really hard to show their kids what it shoukd and could be like but I can imagine how frustrating it must be!

sterling silva said:
Now i have two nippers and sit in the family stand, i try and sing, i encourage them to sing (and make sure they practice damn hard during the week also) but the looks you get in there for trying are unbelievable.

They just make me so angry!

It was a no-brainer from the start.
SHUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOW

hmblue said:
It was a no-brainer from the start.
SHUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOW

& quite a few on here knew that but some just wouldnt listen.
The way to improve the atmosphere aint to move people from level three to the south stand level one.

I've come to the conclusion that most folk just don't want to sing.

Just watch the match and toodle home.

Doesn't matter what shit you come up with to improve the atmosphere.

And it's none of anyones business if they don't want to sing.

The cookie monster said:
And it's none of anyones business if they don't want to sing.

Maybe not, but it doesn't mean that something shouldn't be done to allow those who do want to sing to be in one area of the ground and do what they want together as well.

The cookie monster said:
Just watch the match and toodle home.

After 80 minutes!!! I'll never understand that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.