Operation One End

james cleary said:
rowsley_st said:
The only time it should be One End is in the FA Cup!!...otherwise the visitors get the whole of the south stand!, that is a huge disadvantsge to us!! huge. Imagine on Jan 8 the whole of the SS full of them lot behind one goal and the ity singers spilt all round the ground..it'll be terrible.

We should stick Rags in level 3 and put some in level 2 south stand to make up numbers like they do with city in cup games, then lock them in for 1/2hr after the match has finished, why give up one of better singing areas (south stand) to Rags

Why give them the best seats in the ground where the accoustics would make their fans seem even louder? And as for the thought of 6,000 approx rags sitting - standing above City fans......No thanks.
(agree with locking them in after the game though)

law74 said:
james cleary said:
rowsley_st said:
The only time it should be One End is in the FA Cup!!...otherwise the visitors get the whole of the south stand!, that is a huge disadvantsge to us!! huge. Imagine on Jan 8 the whole of the SS full of them lot behind one goal and the ity singers spilt all round the ground..it'll be terrible.

We should stick Rags in level 3 and put some in level 2 south stand to make up numbers like they do with city in cup games, then lock them in for 1/2hr after the match has finished, why give up one of better singing areas (south stand) to Rags

Why give them the best seats in the ground where the accoustics would make their fans seem even louder? And as for the thought of 6,000 approx rags sitting - standing above City fans......No thanks.

As I've said before put netting up or leave the first 2 rows empty on level 3
how often do the 3rd tier sing better having all level 1 in south stand city that game every city fan has a duty to sing

away supporters in level 3 is the shittist idea ever and it was proved on wednesday. either side of the away section (level 1 & 2) are regular seasoncard holder and we create the atmosphere, not the day trippers who have just started coming along for the day out.

put them back in the southstand where we can give them the shit they deserve

james cleary said:
law74 said:
james cleary said:

As I've said before put netting up or leave the first 2 rows empty on level 3
how often do the 3rd tier sing better having all level 1 in south stand city that game every city fan has a duty to sing

Face facts. They've tried it twice and it was shit. Just live with it.

bluefromleve32 said:
away supporters in level 3 is the shittist idea ever and it was proved on wednesday. either side of the away section (level 1 & 2) are regular seasoncard holder and we create the atmosphere, not the day trippers who have just started coming along for the day out.

Why should the south stand singing area be moved every cup game this kills the singing in the ground. If them in level 3 think they can sing better than south stand prove it next home game. we won't be able to hear you at all

james cleary said:
bluefromleve32 said:

Why should the south stand singing area be moved every cup game this kills the singing in the ground. If them in level 3 think they can sing better than south stand prove it next home game. we won't be able to hear you at all

Let's be honest when the singers aren't moved it is hardly a cauldron.

The East Stand lads make a noise but the South Stand can't be heard.

dajd1984 said:
I feel really sorry for the kids in the family stand, what kind of football supporting education are they getting? Football is a way of letting off steam, and yet they're being taught to sit there quietly for a lovely day out with mummy and daddy. Poor things!

What a ridiculous post - it is nothing of the sort and you are making a sweeping generalisation there.

I take my 6 year old in the Family Stand as do my brother and my mate with their sons. We also took them all to Wembley for the semi final and final .... and my boy has been to Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland, Everton and Liverpool away games. He has also been to all three Champions League games.

To say he is being taught to sit quiet for a lovely day out is laughable and mis-informed. The future of our football club is in that stand and its a great initiative by the club to encourage supporters to bring their kids and get great value for doing so.

Abbeygoo said:
dajd1984 said:
I feel really sorry for the kids in the family stand, what kind of football supporting education are they getting? Football is a way of letting off steam, and yet they're being taught to sit there quietly for a lovely day out with mummy and daddy. Poor things!

What a ridiculous post - it is nothing of the sort and you are making a sweeping generalisation there.

I take my 6 year old in the Family Stand as do my brother and my mate with their sons. We also took them all to Wembley for the semi final and final .... and my boy has been to Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland, Everton and Liverpool away games. He has also been to all three Champions League games.

To say he is being taught to sit quiet for a lovely day out is laughable and mis-informed. The future of our football club is in that stand and its a great initiative by the club to encourage supporters to bring their kids and get great value for doing so.

second that. and sorry but atmosphere in SS on weds was no better than family stand is normally,

it does sometimes make me sad my 7 year old will never experience quite what i did at a younger age, but footballs changed. having said that, theres plenty of games that still have a good atmosphere (the night the other week at arsenal was rocking at times), its not all over yet. still think its down to cheap tickets and filling the ground with fans rather than foreign student daytrippers as per the other night. when you think the entire season's ticket revenue covers 1 month in players wages, ticket prices are pretty much irrelevant now. might as well be free.

Wasn't brilliant tuesday, but the news that Napoli had scored damped the last 20 minutes.

The advantage of this operation is putting the away fans in the gods, rather than us making more noise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.