Operation One End

Freestyler said:
Wasn't brilliant tuesday, but the news that Napoli had scored damped the last 20 minutes.

The advantage of this operation is putting the away fans in the gods, rather than us making more noise.

And fuck all the City fans that appreciate the view from the third tier (IMHO EASILY the best view in the ground), or is it just because the away fans can be seen on TV that annoys you?

THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE IN GIVING THE AWAY FANS THE BEST SEATS IN THE GROUND.

ashton-blues said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Its not going to work, I stood up and told everyone to get behind the lads when we were behind at napoli at home, stood up and tried singing on my own for about 5 minutes and all I got was fuck off sit down you twat. makes me sick east stand level 3 is a fucking graveyard
If it's a fucking graveyard do go there. I don't think you were dragged up there you went by choice

Been my seat up there since we moved to the new ground, I like the view as you can see the whole pitch and you really appreciate how we play from up there, just wouldn't mind a sing song every once in a while !

JGD6CTID said:
I am a better supporter because I sing on matchdays ;)

seriously... think about it..... as humans we all in one way or another follow the leader. Whether you are a institutionalised person or a free radical there is someone you look to for leadership. With that in mind people find it very hard in public places to start singing songs for fear of dissaproval, tone and or the wrong words. They will join in when 100's of others do so they feel part of a clan or cult as such. Now if city really want to get it loud then they should look to people as fans who are willing to branch off into areas where the fans want to sing and get them going.No use putting them in a stand and then saying go on try join in lads looking to the south satand and 111 to start singing. There is one two maybe 3 main figure heads to any party movement etc and you have seen that with european away teams ffs aries brought a bleeding drum kit to the game last year.

This will be the only way to get the atmosphere going and rocking again. New breeds of fans younger more reserved. You cannot just say... you laugh at my jokes but you are quiet therefore you cannot listen to them can you to a friend? so why be angry if a city fans only feel comfortable as part of a crowd singing not just the only 1 on the row?

Being filled with ale helps on big games too. We have been poor by our standards because we are getting used to watching some great football not just singing to lift the boys play some better than mediorce football.

Take a leaf out of the foreign fans. Make sure all the people that will sing in a group to be sat together and get them ones who will start it and keep it flowing in there with them. But away fans being next to home ans gives a better banter feel about the singing and its all about "my teams better than yours" "our songs are better than yours"

Shoot me my comments down.
They may not even make sense but I want to put my opinion across as a blue who likes to sing songs and be part of a bunch of city fans enjoying singing for their club!
Can't use this "operation" as a guide, nothing like this will workunless it is tested over a prolonged period, rather than 2 european games that were spread out.

Give it a full season, see what happens then. Prepare for it over a summer. People saying "put it to bed" after 2 tense matches are not giving it a chance.

Not saying I back it, but 2 must win matches against foreign opposition is hardly grounds to shelve the whole idea, especially considering one of the main arguments for keeping away as it is is banter.

GazC said:
109-111 made much more noise; it doesn't matter where the away fans are, you need like minded people sat together in the same blocks to generate the noise.
This. You fill any stand with fans from the "quieter" areas and by nature they'll sit on thier hands.
Operation one end is simple, disperse the away fans to the corner and bring the split city fans into one,behind the goal, top and bottom tier.
Leave the the other fans in the quiet stands be.

Goater666 said:
What a load of shite, worst atmosphere of the season.
Didn't work and I knew it wouldn't. When a there was thread on this a while back I said on there about how the singing end of the ground at Maine Road was in the North Stand. When we moved grounds the away fans were put in the South Stand and that became the singing end. Most singing at football, apart from the 5 mins after a goal and in the pub, is an us against them situation. That's one of the reasons away make so much more noise than home fans, because they are in the minority.

wearethesouthstand said:
.... club idea, club decision -

.....I read somewhere we were only 14th loudest in the prem last year, to say moving the aways is the reason it is quiet isn't right, there was a problem before and there's still a problem, all we did was try to help the club find a solution

It certainly wasn't the club's idea. They resisted the idea simply because they didn't think police or council would allow away fans anywhere other than where the stadium was designed to put them. I don't think anyone looking at the stadium design said it was a bad idea at the time - or that a high roof would let sound out - though plenty said it would let rain it (designed by an Australian).

The club did listen to those fans who wanted for various reasons to have the away fans moved (including those offended because they were shown cheering goals on TV, which doesn't happen so much now anyway!)

First the club - having explored it carefully - said it was too complicated (access, segregation, etc) but (at Garry Cooke's insistence?) tried the experiment, with a warning that any permanent arrangement would cost millions. EL3 season ticket holders don't want it (or those anywhere else in the ground who'd have to move) so to justify the cost, and justify the annoyance to other City fans, it would have to be a huge success. I can't see that happening now.

United will have the whole South Stand for the FA Cup. I'm not bothered - last time an away team had the whole end we had a few South Standers near us (EL2) and so had someone else near us willing to sing. They won't be so lucky this time! It will be ten.

it failed in its aim by a mile, and p1ssed off a load of blues who had to move in the process.
The debate has been had many times, but the facts now speak for themselves. It makes things worse atmosphere wise rather than better.

As you were

when stadium expansion plans are announced I hope it will include huge kop end and that there will be big banners, noise streamers etc like in europe eg Dortmund

and inflatables lol what happened to frankie and the dinoasour charging at each other across open terrace for mock fights ? only with City

Abbeygoo said:
dajd1984 said:
I feel really sorry for the kids in the family stand, what kind of football supporting education are they getting? Football is a way of letting off steam, and yet they're being taught to sit there quietly for a lovely day out with mummy and daddy. Poor things!

What a ridiculous post - it is nothing of the sort and you are making a sweeping generalisation there.

I take my 6 year old in the Family Stand as do my brother and my mate with their sons. We also took them all to Wembley for the semi final and final .... and my boy has been to Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland, Everton and Liverpool away games. He has also been to all three Champions League games.

To say he is being taught to sit quiet for a lovely day out is laughable and mis-informed. The future of our football club is in that stand and its a great initiative by the club to encourage supporters to bring their kids and get great value for doing so.

Since posting that I have reflected that it is not the case with everyone. But it certainly doesn't resemble what I used to experience every week as a kid. I really don't think fans would need much encouragement to bring their kids, apart from financially.

It's great that your son has been to do many games home and away but it's still a shame to me that he sits in a stand that I can hear is very quiet.

It isn't a personal criticism, it's noting that the environment in which you sit is relatively very quiet. Others have already replied to me saying that they sing, but are usually a lone voice in the family stand - sometimes with dirty looks attached.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.