Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck right off!! You arrogant little fuck. You don't actually realise what you just said could/has offended many people and in this case ignorance is not a defence

I wasn't offended and have been a blue some 50 odd years.
I just realised it was one of those things the lad didn't know about us.
Cut some slack heh :-)

To all those who reacted to @ankitptrivedi's comment about the No23 shirt.
Why should he apologise for an innocent mistake and how is it disrespectful. He wasn't trying to sully the memory of Marc Vivien Foe in any way. He made an innocent comment. Why didn't people just explain the significance of that particular number and move on instead of the show of indignation. But then that wouldn't have massaged your ego's and highlighted what longstanding supporters and know alls you are. Just have to remember that none of us own Manchester City. Anyone can come along support us in their own way whenever they want.
I just wish people would be more welcoming of newer supporters rather that look down on them because they haven't followed City as long as others might have done.

Correct. In fact some of the responses are quite frankly disgusting.

On to Otamendi, lets get it done City!

Come on now, the lad made a mistake, he's been taken to task about it, let's not get all Liverpool about it.

I agree give the lad a break I remember
Foe I had a season ticket t the time I am in my mid forties that's why I remember
Do I know what went on at City in the 1940 and 1950 nope afraid not
Did I bother to read about it no
Have many others on here I suspect not
New fans are the future of our great club
Welcome to the good times pal your lucky

To all those who reacted to @ankitptrivedi's comment about the No23 shirt.
Why should he apologise for an innocent mistake and how is it disrespectful. He wasn't trying to sully the memory of Marc Vivien Foe in any way. He made an innocent comment. Why didn't people just explain the significance of that particular number and move on instead of the show of indignation. But then that wouldn't have massaged your ego's and highlighted what longstanding supporters and know alls you are. Just have to remember that none of us own Manchester City. Anyone can come along support us in their own way whenever they want.
I just wish people would be more welcoming of newer supporters rather that look down on them because they haven't followed City as long as others might have done.

I think you'll find most are welcoming of new fans..myself included

When I get into anything outside of football I research it thoroughly

Find out about it

Surely if you're going to support a club you'd look at significant events in its history..at the very least

This is not a balloon scoring a goal here

Or Dibble getting the ball headed out of his hands

This is a player dying and his number being retired

There's not one person young or old who I know that's a City fan that doesn't know the significance of that number

I just think if you're going to post on a forum full of reasonably knowledgeable and long standing fans

You should at least have a working knowledge of the football club

I don't think that's unreasonable

Last edited:
he made a silly mistake because he didn't have the knowledge of our number 23 being retired.

He wasn't being disrespectful in anyway.

So back on topic now guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.