Our 'Be Part Of It' Painting TRASHED!

rickmcfc said:
Here we go,

wjcjr4.jpg

37vv9.jpg

Many years ago that building had the message CITY 3 TWATS 1 near the top. Cheered me up every morning on the way to work.

Small minded and petty for defacing the "Be Part of It" poster? Perhaps.

But what I find small minded is the fact that the rags don't realise that the fact that City is on the rise is actually good for their club.

Most of them fail to recognize that since the takeover by Sheikh Mansour, the rivalry has been enriched and derby days have been given more significance to them.

But they rather repeat the bleating of the press that "City is ruining football".

This mentality also stems from Baconface's obsession with the rivalry with the red dippers, always thinking of them in nostalgic terms of the Liverpool teams of the 70s and 80s, always referring to those fixtures as "the fixture".

Now that the dippers are in freefall and the rags are on the inevitable decline, the rise of City should be seen as welcome motivation for injecting new blood into the Manchester/Trafford derby.

But of course they'd rather take the piss for "kamikaze spending" and other small minded BS.

Even if they don't realise it, the rags should be mindful of how much more importance the derby has been to them (heartbreaking example: last season's League Cup semi-final...) and stop insisting that City fans are obsessed with their neighbors and stop pretending that City don't mean that much to them...

Ironically since City's rise, it could be argued that the derby has taken less significance since the fixture with the rags are just one of a handfull of important fixtures that determine the final position of City in the table and not "the fixture" that salvages a season ("Yeah, mid-table again, but at least we beat them at the swamp this year!")

Anyway, that graffitti on the mill is pure class.

Time to step down from my soapbox.

Come on lads...the Tevez poster was brilliant and tweaked their tails but City are milking this "artwork" thing to death now imo.
It's just a surprise it's lasted this long!

Let's face it-if the rags were putting up murals about themselves round town we'd think they were right nobs,and the first guy to cover it in blue paint would be labelled a hero on here.

We should just do our talking on the pitch,win something then the rest will take care of itself.

And save the "artwork" for the picture of the City team that actually wins the next trophy.

Yep there is an element of truth in that. But if the roles were reversed, then I reckon there'd be much piss taking but (naively I believe) there might be a modicum of "I can see what they're doing".

But then again, I credit all Blues with having more intellect than the average fan.

Who has the long trophy drought, Manchester City or United? Oh yes, United - 37 years.

Which team won major honours first? Manchester City

35 years and we're still here, and how stupid does that small red painted "taunt" look on that mural.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.