Our Club is changing

With the investment made by the Sheikh, worldwide support is vital,the old supporters have to embrace this.i hate the dinosaurs that live in the past.
Id love to see city fill a sixty thousand stadium every week.Playing great football and attracting the best young players from around the world.
Some city fans are just plain thick if they think the support isnt going to change.we are trying to create a world wide product the bonus for locals is a better place to live more jobs and a successful team,the downside is higher ticket prices and a more global fan base.

lastmanback said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
lastmanback said:
There would not be anything near 40k at the ground if it were not for outsiders and glory hunters. Nearer to 35k if lucky.
What a load of bollocks. We've sold over that number of season tickets alone.
And only locals buy season tickets you think :-)
I know lots of people who don't live in Manchester that have season tickets. But they're all real City fans who have either moved for work or have family connections. You made it sound like it's just glory-hunters keeping the numbers up.

Prestwich_Blue said:
lastmanback said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
What a load of bollocks. We've sold over that number of season tickets alone.
And only locals buy season tickets you think :-)
I know lots of people who don't live in Manchester that have season tickets. But they're all real City fans who have either moved for work or have family connections. You made it sound like it's just glory-hunters keeping the numbers up.
No I'm saying not only glory hunters but outsiders who have no Manchester connections. Just ordinary football fans who have choose city as there team for whatever reasons,

Yet again, more idiots slamming anyone that wasn't born on Maine rd for being City fans. Get over it! We were not bought out and we did not buy some of the best players in the world just to make Manchester residents happy. Having been born in the area and moved away a long time ago, what you will find outside the uk is there is an appreciation of the game and beautiful football, which City now have, so why would they not follow City now?

As to City going global, it's remarkable the difference now. In Canada (even before Owen signed), City are often the featured match, City shirts feature on stores, people i know that would only watch Barca, RMA, and a couple of games with who you would expect from England, now always watch City and know the players. Last week the kids I Coach put a smile on my face when in a scrimmage, they were arguing about which side could be City - over Barca - I was gobsmacked.

We've arrived on a global stage and when we win the league it'll get bigger, and when we win Champs league it'll get even bigger. Get used to it - we are top tier now and heading for the very top!

All these negative comments about Chinese and asians!

I am British but of Chinese parentage. Sadly, I get the feeling that there are a quite a section of Man.City fans who would be annoyed by my very presence in the Etihad.

I am not a City fan. However I started attending football matches, as a general supporter of football, as long ago as 1964 (I am a pensioner now), and have done so ever since, although not so frequently in recent years, for non-football reasons. I remember clearly seeing the great City team of Summerbee, Bell etc.playing - Neil Young scored a great goal at WBA, IIRC - and I was very pleased that that team won the championship (then properly called the First Division) in 1968.

Surely there is nothing wrong, if there are spare seats, for some who are not fans of either team, but merely sympathisers, of even general supporters of football, to attend matches? Or should all spectators have to be hate-filled fanatics supporting either team?

I am not accusing Man.City fans in particular of what I see as a rather nasty sort of hidden racist xenophobia, as sadly I find these disparaging comments about Chinese and asians on football forums associated with other clubs as well.

To those who have posted these negative comments on Chinese etc. in these forums, I would just like to say that while you may not like the look of us, we do have to share this world together, and it might be just that little bit more pleasant if we sometimes tried a bit better to deal with our prejuduces - even if those prejudices might sometimes be justified.

JamesMCFC said:
I had a Fucking scouser sat in front of me yesterday. With the scarf and city top on. Wtf Is that about.

i know at least 4 scousers who have been following city for many years

Frank H said:
I am British but of Chinese parentage. Sadly, I get the feeling that there are a quite a section of Man.City fans who would be annoyed by my very presence in the Etihad.

I'm dismayed you get that feeling and, at the very worst, I hope it's just a few idiots who have given you that impression as opposed to an overwhelming number of Blues.

I saw a scouser/heard City fan in the 2nd tier family stand yesterday,now imagine how loved he be by the old toilet mob...dont care what colour creed weight height etc etc you are if your BLUE your BLUE.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.