Our Club is changing

JamesMCFC said:
I had a Fucking scouser sat in front of me yesterday. With the scarf and city top on. Wtf Is that about.

Believe it or not city fans do not always come from Manchester. I would take a scouser supporting city as a compliment as I would welcome any new supporter where ever they were from. I welcome new fans with open arms, they are the ones who will help fill the stadium, visit the shop and create income to help with the FP rules. How some of the haters call them glory supporters is arrogant and cringy. Other than the FA cup, what other glory have we won?

Everybody welcome as far as im concerned,all the players past and present have been multi national,religion and colour..Same goes for the fans..
It's not a competition and theres no prizes for anyone who thinks they are a better fan than the next man/woman,it's all about unity in our support of the club we love and how we show this support on matchday..

Frank H said:
All these negative comments about Chinese and asians!

I am British but of Chinese parentage. Sadly, I get the feeling that there are a quite a section of Man.City fans who would be annoyed by my very presence in the Etihad.

I am not a City fan. However I started attending football matches, as a general supporter of football, as long ago as 1964 (I am a pensioner now), and have done so ever since, although not so frequently in recent years, for non-football reasons. I remember clearly seeing the great City team of Summerbee, Bell etc.playing - Neil Young scored a great goal at WBA, IIRC - and I was very pleased that that team won the championship (then properly called the First Division) in 1968.

Surely there is nothing wrong, if there are spare seats, for some who are not fans of either team, but merely sympathisers, of even general supporters of football, to attend matches? Or should all spectators have to be hate-filled fanatics supporting either team?

I am not accusing Man.City fans in particular of what I see as a rather nasty sort of hidden racist xenophobia, as sadly I find these disparaging comments about Chinese and asians on football forums associated with other clubs as well.

To those who have posted these negative comments on Chinese etc. in these forums, I would just like to say that while you may not like the look of us, we do have to share this world together, and it might be just that little bit more pleasant if we sometimes tried a bit better to deal with our prejuduces - even if those prejudices might sometimes be justified.

Frank, these idiots are in the minority and will soon crawl back under their dinosor rock. Note the names of the haters on here and you will see it the same names who even slag down our players or the Manager. The sight of foreign fans at the ETIAD proves we have arrived on the world stage.

BluePurgatory said:
JamesMCFC said:
I had a Fucking scouser sat in front of me yesterday. With the scarf and city top on. Wtf Is that about.

Believe it or not city fans do not always come from Manchester. I would take a scouser supporting city as a compliment as I would welcome any new supporter where ever they were from. I welcome new fans with open arms, they are the ones who will help fill the stadium, visit the shop and create income to help with the FP rules. How some of the haters call them glory supporters is arrogant and cringy. Other than the FA cup, what other glory have we won?

Spot on

craigsteel said:
Last two games I have been in City Square and club shop and have been taken aback by the number of overseas supporters,buying up merchandise, the signs are that our growth overseas is obviously linked to success on the pitch.
Always a sign for how good a team is

Truth is..

We have always had an international following, be it the Irish, the Scots, the Scandinavians or the odd American or whatever they have always been with us and everyone thought it was nice then.
Suddenly as the old school fans find that they can´t pick and choose what games to attend, that we sell out games against Wigan etc.¨
A bit of jingoism rears its head..Because there´s a fear of something I guess, fear of being shut out perhaps.

We all embraced change at City, but secretly many wanted change only as long as everything remained the same.

We have wound the rags up for years about gloryhunters and tourists as we really couldnt wind them up for owt else (the titles and trophies).. too many see this as gospel and think it will give the Rags ammunition to throw at us..

Dont let football banter and wummery affect your views towards anyone who wants to support City..
Lets not turn into despicable arseholes eh...

S04 said:
Truth is..

We have always had an international following, be it the Irish, the Scots, the Scandinavians or the odd American or whatever they have always been with us and everyone thought it was nice then.
Suddenly as the old school fans find that they can´t pick and choose what games to attend, that we sell out games against Wigan etc.¨
A bit of jingoism rears its head..Because there´s a fear of something I guess, fear of being shut out perhaps.

We all embraced change at City, but secretly many wanted change only as long as everything remained the same.

Bang on, was only saying this the other day. New supporters buying seats will make some of the "Cant be Arsed" brigade get off their fat arses or they will miss out.

I feel kinda upset reading this thread. it seems locality is much more appreciated here and overseas fans belong to "the others" but not "us". why are some so sure new fans are all glory hunters? One thread here talks about older fans coming back because of the cup so are they also glory hunters?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.