Our current badge.

The current badge is terrible, and a hangover from the dark days of 'lazer' blue shirts and third division football.

I'd like City to go back to having no badge at all on their shirts, which is how it was when I started watching in the mid 60s. Failing that I'd like the old 70s badge back, either with the rose or the 3 stripes.

AcceptedWalnut said:
CityBadge-1.png

Quick mashup of both badges i whipped up, I prefer the old badge though personally.

It looks clean but having "Manchester City" and "MCFC" in the same badge looks a bit odd to me.

the manchester coat of arms, was always on our shirts and blazers, until about 1970, why this ever changed i dont know.this is our city, this crest is the only one for me. anything else, well they look ok, but you can`t beat the real thing.

What a brilliant idea!!! lets change our internationally recognised brand logo to an amateur looking 70's design!!!! Nostalgia is far more important than looking forward to the future.

We should bring all the old players back, move back to Maine Road, get a local business man as an owner and slide down the leagues into near obscurity.

... Sorry, but those old badges were a part of our history. They will always be fondly remembered and cherished by the fans, myself included. Bringing it back today though is just silly.

The current badge may not have the memories attached to them yet - but it will do.

PS. The current badge in the OP is not even our current badge. So ultimate fail there. That bright yellow monstrosity is actually a far more subtle shade of gold.

eighthsin said:
PS. The current badge in the OP is not even our current badge. So ultimate fail there. That bright yellow monstrosity is actually a far more subtle shade of gold.

Ultimate fail huh? dont worry ill get my colour charts out next time and make sure its the perfect shade for you because obviously its unrecognisable with that slightly different shade. ffs who are you Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, you better get back to matching the colours on your soft furnishings.

I'm 19 and can bearly remember having the old badge (i was 7 i think when we changed) i have the old one tatoo'd on my right leg, 2 reasons, to be different (people my age) and cause personally i think it's ten times better, im not to fond of that eagle aswel tbh.

gingerthai said:
eighthsin said:

Ultimate fail huh? dont worry ill get my colour charts out next time and make sure its the perfect shade for you because obviously its unrecognisable with that slightly different shade. ffs who are you Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, you better get back to matching the colours on your soft furnishings.

You could at least make the effort to know what your own clubs crest looks like. The one you posted is yellow instead of gold, says proelia instead of proelio and the features and proportions are wrong.

What you think is our crest:

manchester-city.jpg

What our crest ACTUALLY is:

[bigimg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cf/Manchester_City.svg/500px-Manchester_City.svg.png[/bigimg]

If you think i'm being picky, sorry but the differences are blatent.

Now back to my cushions.

Ive been supporting the club for over 20 years, can you say the same? so i think i know what our badge looks like. I just quickly googled a badge and put it up, the point i was making wasnt about the difference between gold and yellow. I didnt even notice the proelia mistake as i wasnt paying that much attention and seeing as your the only one whos brought these issues up id suggest that everybody else got the point without being as picky as yourself. I guess everything you have done is always perfect. Good luck with never making a mistake in the future when your doing something in a rush.

gingerthai said:
Ive been supporting the club for over 20 years, can you say the same? so i think i know what our badge looks like. I just quickly googled a badge and put it up, the point i was making wasnt about the difference between gold and yellow. I didnt even notice the proeilo mistake as i wasnt paying that much attention and seeing as your the only one whos brought these issues up id suggest that everybody else got the point without being as picky as yourself. I guess everything you have done is always perfect. Good luck with never making a mistake in the future when your doing something in a rush.
Bit harsh there mate he was just pointing it out, not criticizing.

Edit: Never mind I didn't see the top part of his post. Sorry, ignore me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.