our european support

blue5_5_1 said:
I had a change of scenery last night and sat in the east level 2.

There were a lot more that 6000 poles there last night. the east top tier was full which is 5500. south level 1 was full and a few empty sets in level 2, and there were loads dotted around the ground. i reckon there were 9000 poznan fans there, amazing support.

There is no way there were 2000 less there last night than there was at the Juve game (unless the west level 3 was empty, i couldnt see up there). Me thinks there is some creative accountancy going on.

To sort the atmosphere, its the old chestnut of moving the away fans. Give them the south end of the east stand 3rd tier. City managed it last night , so its logistically possible. Any noise made up there just vanishes as was shown last night. The 2500 in the south made a right racket and you could hardly hear the east stand.

I really dont get the stay away local fans from last night, euro night games at discounted prices......we would've given our right arm for them in the dark division 2 days.
You make a very point there ref the noise getting lost in EL3, I sit in EL3 308 and we always try to add to the level of noise coming up from below, but last night with 5500 poles up there singing was great but to be honest it did not sound any thing like the 2500 they had in SS L1 and 2. So you are right it does lose it so high up, I would have thought if you were sat up there it would have sounded really loud as it does at the big games, so would we want to put the away fans up there like some on here want to do. it answered my question last night...NO

I've supported City for 34 years, but living 225 miles away have never had a season ticket. As other posters have said, family & other commitments take first dibs on my wages.
Also, living so far away, work plays a big part too in my ability to get to games.

I love European games. Went to Lokeren, Groclin etc. Was one of the few at Timisoara. I will go to every Europa game, but I wont qualify for a semi or quarter final ticket, let alone the final.

I wont judge anyone on attending/not attending. Circumstances are different for everyone.

What I will criticize though, is the fan who simply can't be arsed, but all of a sudden can be arsed when it gets to the latter stages of a competition.

Season ticket holders should rightly be rewarded & I think the loyalty points sytem is the best way.
However, I do feel the points allocation needs to be tweaked. 50 or even 100 points for Salzburg at home for instance. Gives fans a real opportunity to boost their points & will hopefully boost attendances.

I went and have been to all home legs but

if it was a knockout and not a league we would probably sell out too many meaningless games in this format

Just a quick word on how many we took to Milan on Wednesday.....

We officially were given 5000 tickets by Inter Milan (standard allocation for CL games), however, as is always the case they "hand over" the neutral zone directly beneath the away section, that is 2 tiers of seating for anyone that wants to sit there.

According to the Commercial Director at Inter (a client of mine), Inter sold over 10,000 tickets to English fans (all had to be registered on the Inter database to buy in the neutral zone)..... my simple maths makes that around 15,000...... Inter reckon there were nearer 16,000 in total......

As for "being our final" as someone posted.... we are still in pole position to qualify from the hardest group (according to UEFA's rankings).... 2nd place, with 2 of our remaining 3 games at home...... with Dawson, King, Defoe, VDV, Modric, Kaboul all back before the end of the group phase.....

Just on that ranking comment, before any of you question it.

Inter Milan (No 1 ranked team in the competition, not the highest co-efficient, but holders and therefore the no 1 seed).....

Werder Bremen........ No 1 ranked team from Pot 2
Tottenham Hotspur.. No 1 ranked team from Pot 3
FC Twente..............No 2 ranked team from Pot 4

There is no harder group based on rankings alone.....

Chelsea for example have two 7th ranked teams from Pots 2 and 4, and an 8th ranked team from pot 3..... there were 8 teams in each pot for the draw based on UEFA rankings.

9 pts for us will be more than enough to qualify, 8 might even be enough... and remember if we beat Inter at home 1-0 or 2-1 or 3-2 and then finish level on points with them (we will be level with them if we beat them) we would be above them having scored those 3 away goals......

Could you do us a nice favour and give Arsenal a good beating on Sunday please.....

The Guardian is reporting ...

A banner unfurled by City fans before kick-off proclaimed "2011: The Wait Is Over".

I didn't see this last night, did anyone else ? or is it journo's spouting the usual shite.

(Apologies as I cannot start new thread yet... so that's the reason I posted)

Balti said:
Piss poor turnout. Should be a separate loyalty system for cup games and then the stay-aways can all do one when we reach a final and they moan like feck cos they can't get a ticket.

agreed those that support the team in the competition shoild get priority to any final tickets if we get their

For the final (if we get there) priority should be given to those who have attended the group and knockout stages home or away.
The Poles were great but we have too many fans who just tag along for the ride and when push comes to shove cant be arsed!!
Probably the same ones who normally leave with 80mins on the clock...

In 123 there were loads of empty seats which might give me rise to ask those sat around me on Sunday 'where the fook were you???'

You can fool some of the people some of the time.....?

Perhaps City fans are just too savvy to fool themselves into believing that its worth getting that bothered about the Euro Cup until the later rounds?

Even amongst those that go its obviously more low key. Most of the chat around me last night was about the team for sunday. The bloke behind me, who appears to be on the brink of a coronary at every league match, was relaxed and joking.

pathetic turnout for whatever reasons.

uefa cup obviously does nothing for about 20000 regulars, or they cannot justify the additional expense.

thank goodness for the magnificent poles, who supported their team of journeymen with incredible passion, i wonder what kind of support they would get with our investment.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:56 pm --<br /><br />pathetic turnout for whatever reasons.

uefa cup obviously does nothing for about 20000 regulars, or they cannot justify the additional expense.

thank goodness for the magnificent poles, who supported their team of journeymen with incredible passion, i wonder what kind of support they would get with our investment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.