Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

The 'upgrades' are not available.
Rodriguez/Kurzawa/Sandro

Sandro in particular looked the real deal against Bayern, whereas ours looked like windswept fence posts

Rodriguez/Kurzawa/Sandro

Sandro in particular looked the real deal against Bayern, whereas ours looked like windswept fence posts

Rodriguez isn't an upgrade. Sandro and Kurzawa (although looked very shaky in the games I have watched him) maybe but it looks like we have cooled our interest in both of them

Clichy's average at best but HG. Kolarov average defensively but good going forward. Both nearly 30 as well.

Ricardo Rodriguez
Lavyin Kurzawa
Lucas Digne
Alex Sandro
Fabio Coentrao
Jose Gaya
Felipe Luis
Abdul Rahman Baba
Arthur Masuaku
Jetro Willems

Surely one of these "upgrades" are available?

Who really out there is an upgrade? Kolarov could easily score 5 or more a season and set up the same! Anyway it would be interesting to see who you think we should replace them with?
Thats the sticking point - but I don't believe there isn't a left back out there good enough. A few months ago the whole board pretty much wanted AK gone, and he is getting on now anyway so we could do with freshening up this position.

Also bemusing that so many are happy for us not to sign any new defenders, because lets be honest, we can't defend very well and I'm not sure how not signing anyone will improve the situation. Denayer coming into the squad and no more 442 in big games, yes, but I would have though LB was one of the priority areas.

We better hurry if we want Alex Sandro. Juventus are meeting Porto to discuss him today and are dangling Llorente as a sweetener. Kolarov sitting on his huge wage packet (that's my guess anyway - if we allowed his agent to talk to the Milan clubs as Di Marzio reported, we're open to selling) may have crushed our plans to finally have a left-back of Champions League latter stage quality for now.

We better hurry if we want Alex Sandro. Juventus are meeting Porto to discuss him today and are dangling Llorente as a sweetener. Kolarov sitting on his huge wage packet (that's my guess anyway - if we allowed his agent to talk to the Milan clubs as Di Marzio reported, we're open to selling) may have crushed our plans to finally have a left-back of Champions League latter stage quality for now.
I don't know why but the Italians just seem infinitely better at doing business than the English. Italian football is supposed to have been in a crisis whilst we have been going through a boom but what kind of respective European performance did the squads our teams put together have to show for it last season?

I don't know why but the Italians just seem infinitely better at doing business than the English. Italian football is supposed to have been in a crisis whilst we have been going through a boom but what kind of respective European performance did the squads our teams put together have to show for it last season?
Give it 12months indeed maybe less and Angelino might get a shout, especially when loan at NYCFC finishes, plus the bonus he is U21 so does not need to be listed in PL Squad I THINK !

I think if dont land Pogba we'll be able to turn more focus and finances towards LB. Especially Alex Sandro because Porto probably have an obscene release clause. The rush of clubs in for Baba seems to have quieted as well.

Clichy's average at best but HG. Kolarov average defensively but good going forward. Both nearly 30 as well.

Ricardo Rodriguez
Lavyin Kurzawa
Lucas Digne
Alex Sandro
Fabio Coentrao
Jose Gaya
Felipe Luis
Abdul Rahman Baba
Arthur Masuaku
Jetro Willems

Surely one of these "upgrades" are available?
Only Coentrao has really proven to be a level ahead of what we have regularly in a decent league out of those though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.