Our supporters.

LoveCity said:
TGR said:
Have you ever heard the dearth of a noise of that silly band who follow England everywhere? Fucking terrible!

You've actually named the exception to the rule though. Drums are used effectively just about everywhere else - did you watch the Palace game just now? Non-stop singing for 90 minutes led by a drummer.

^

djimaldblue said:
The majority of our support now are Mr and Mrs Average with their two kids. And while this is not a bad thing I hardly think that they will be contributing to the atmosphere.
I'm afraid that this is just a sign of the times and given time all football grounds will become more like the US stadiums with no soul.

Corn dog anyone? ;)
You dont watch the MLS do you?

Portland and Seattle have brilliant fans who sing non stop and pretty much every club has some type of ultra group.
From about a week this video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PtKByi394M[/youtube]

Its simple, who have 2 sections that sing. These 2 sections to don't sing the same songs at the same time. The songs that are sung don't encourage the team as they are derogatory. I don't know if the players even hear the words of most songs, but the 'Cant win at home' song is quite clear. We don't have to laugh at ourselves any more. Don't blame the fact the away supporters are between the 2 sections. We have seen how dead the atmosphere is when away fans don't turn up or the trials of moving them to the 3rd tier. Sing the same songs at the same time don't try to compete against each other. I have been to many many away games and have never heard it anywhere else.

Also, far to many supporters expect us to be 2 or 3 goals up in first 15 mins, if were not they complain and moan. Teams wont come to the Etihad and let us thrash them.......

kenzie115 said:
Compared to the tripe that comes out of the mouth of the bloke sat behind us, a bit of silence would be a welcomed change. The guy's a complete bellend. Today for example he called Yaya Toure 'lightweight'. I kid you not.

On today's performance he was spot on with that opinion.

Drums though....FFS did any of you go to the Reebok with that knobhead in the corner?

the MLS Ultras are actually pretty impressive, knowing full well they have to content with Europe they go all out to show that football has a place in the US. Was impressed with Seattle Sounders when I saw a match of there's last year when I was on holiday there

LoveCity said:
It's depressingly bad at times and the big problem now is that even the two main singing areas have lots of non-singers making it hard for any serious noise. Yet watch on derby day, every man, woman, and child will be singing.

Palace ultras making a real racket in the ongoing game against Sunderland. I remember the short-lived 'Citizens' doing it at an EDS game on a smaller scale.

From what I have seen as someone on the fringes of the singing section, if someone leads others will follow, but someone has to keep it going.
Not in 3 tier east stand it's like a library. They are all like me JCLs

kenzie115 said:
Compared to the tripe that comes out of the mouth of the bloke sat behind us, a bit of silence would be a welcomed change. The guy's a complete bellend. Today for example he called Yaya Toure 'lightweight'. I kid you not.

So what would you have described his performance as? He's a big unit yet shirks tackles, doesn't win anything like he should in the air and when he's in one of his cant be arsed moods like today he's a hindrance. One great free kick shouldn't hide the fact that he had a poor game and was, dare I say "lightweight"

deafmanstevo said:
Those of you who think that our stadium can never produce much noise, should have been to the Hamburg game a few years ago, the noise was incredible that night, better than any Derby, those who went will know what i mean.

Yep, cracking that night. Even after conceding early.

Frankly though, not enough fans are motivated to sing on a regular basis and any that do are in the minority and just look isolated. As mentioned, the CB stand is the worst for this. City really need to have a look at this and perhaps discuss with fans, as the supporter feedback surveys have counted for little.

The Chief said:
deafmanstevo said:
Those of you who think that our stadium can never produce much noise, should have been to the Hamburg game a few years ago, the noise was incredible that night, better than any Derby, those who went will know what i mean.

Yep, cracking that night. Even after conceding early.

Frankly though, not enough fans are motivated to sing on a regular basis and any that do are in the minority and just look isolated. As mentioned, the CB stand is the worst for this. City really need to have a look at this and perhaps discuss with fans, as the supporter feedback surveys have counted for little.
Think that 1894 group are meeting with the club next week.

Hopefully the first result of that meeting is that there will be no wank singers doing a rendition of bluemoon before a match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.