Our supporters.

summerseat blue said:
strongbowholic said:
Posted this in the "Ironic Chants" thread and it perhaps ought to be here:

strongbowholic said:
Down in 117 where I've just moved to, they seem to have an obsession with singing more about the rags rather than singing for City. Could have sworn we were playing Hull today yet we had renditions of "Ryan Giggs is illegitimate..." and an attempt at "Dig up Matt Busby..." amongst others.

Odd.
never heard the ss all game. i was in the 3rd tier east stand.

The only time I heard then sing was when they sang 'if you hate man united clap your hands' and I was in the same stand as you!:-)

Ffs our stand were louder than SS!

cityjo said:
Agree was all a bit too quiet today...after last week at Cardiff I at least thought the Vincent kompany song was going to take off and get us all going ..
Maybe it'll be bigger when Vinny comes back, I know me and a couple of lads in 109 tried to give it a go

alblue said:
A fucking drum? A fucking drum? That's just as bad as the shit band at the cricket
I don't particularly want a drum but at the moment we're like the Pavilion at Lords. There'll be fans sipping PIMs in the concourse soon saying "tally ho, chaps, must get to my seat and sit down in silence for 85minutes then leave early to beat the traffic...pip, pip!"

Pablo1 said:
summerseat blue said:
Pablo1 said:
So what would you have described his performance as? He's a big unit yet shirks tackles, doesn't win anything like he should in the air and when he's in one of his cant be arsed moods like today he's a hindrance. One great free kick shouldn't hide the fact that he had a poor game and was, dare I say "lightweight"
fucking hell .The fucking team was lightweight. It was a piss poor performance.

Agreed, but I was answering a specific point on YaYa. Being called a bell end for saying that he was lightweight doesn't stack up due to the fact that today he was.
not just yaya the whole team was'nt playing to there potential. they were playing crap.

This is what happens when you have a family stand and higher ticket prices, real fans cant get in and sing, i think having an area of standing would make it better.
Corporate stuff really get money in the club. The price you pay for success?

Caveman said:
alblue said:
A fucking drum? A fucking drum? That's just as bad as the shit band at the cricket
I don't particularly want a drum but at the moment we're like the Pavilion at Lords. There'll be fans sipping PIMs in the concourse soon saying "tally ho, chaps, must get to my seat and sit down in silence for 85minutes then leave early to beat the traffic...pip, pip!"

Haha true enough

Whatever happened with "the Citizens"?... Fair play to them, they went to the EDS game last season vs Juve... Sang and got recognition from MCFC official twitter page and some of the players...

It was there first time... it was a hit and miss occasion... and to be fair they pulled it off despite some arrogant fuckers trying to put them down on here... giving them grief.... Now i bet its those same people who are begging for something to be done about our support...

Today was shit... no ifs or buts.. it was Utter Shite...

we have all these great groups of lads with the same intention - to better the atmosphere...

So... Whats the problem?... I personally think people dont like "change" ... They dont want to adopt this "ultra" style of support as some may think " ohh eyy what are these bellends trying to prove with a drum" ... im not saying a drum is the answer to our shit home support But looking at Palace today... i fear them coming to the Etihad and embarrassing us ...and us going there and not being able to be heard... And yes... They have adopted the "ultra" style of approach... and it works...

We need to form a singing section... and safe standing first.. its the only way...

Don't know what's happened with your fans to be honest, used to be a fairly vocal bunch but were appalling today. Posted on the match thread but I can only think of the Emirates and the Ricoh Arena where the home fans have made less noise. What do you put it down to? Recent glory supporters and tourists that will any sing if you're 4-0+ up?

joshsimsolo88 said:
Whatever happened with "the Citizens"?... Fair play to them, they went to the EDS game last season vs Juve... Sang and got recognition from MCFC official twitter page and some of the players...

It was there first time... it was a hit and miss occasion... and to be fair they pulled it off despite some arrogant fuckers trying to put them down on here... giving them grief.... Now i bet its those same people who are begging for something to be done about our support...

Today was shit... no ifs or buts.. it was Utter Shite...

we have all these great groups of lads with the same intention - to better the atmosphere...

So... Whats the problem?... I personally think people dont like "change" ... They dont want to adopt this "ultra" style of support as some may think " ohh eyy what are these bellends trying to prove with a drum" ... im not saying a drum is the answer to our shit home support But looking at Palace today... i fear them coming to the Etihad and embarrassing us ...and us going there and not being able to be heard... And yes... They have adopted the "ultra" style of approach... and it works...

We need to form a singing section... and safe standing first.. its the only way...
Totally agree!
Safe standing would move things forward undoubtedly. Meantime an Ultras group needs to get the support it needs to get off the ground. Fair play to the palace fans today and to all the continental clubs that put us and most clubs to shame in the Prem. If we want a better atmosphere there needs to be backing from the club and backing for the guys that have the balls to do it. Bring it on its time for change.

This is a bit drastic, but in all honesty the only hope is the expanded South Stand, and only if the away fans are moved.

That will open up the current 3 away blocks and create at least 1or 2 genuine singing blocks/sections.

Once again I would like to put forward the *1894 season ticket*. A season ticket for fans who want to stand and sing together, in 1 or 2 of the current away blocks., if that ever happens?

A season ticket with a £10 levy that would go towards flags, banners, displays etc.

If we could get 500 or 1000 fans together in those blocks who want to sing for long periods of the game, regardless, then we might be able to get the rest of the South Stand, as well as the rest of the stadium singing.

Until that situation comes about, if it ever does, we are stuck with the current setup. :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.