Our supporters.

Woeful atmosphere v Hull. Thinkin of sacking home matches now and saving money for away matches. You get proper hard core blues at away matches who know how to get behind the team and have some banter and loads of singin.
Went to Cardiff last week, great atmosphere all around the ground and 2.5k blues all packed together givin it plenty of decibells for most of the match. great crack and banter and atmosphere, which is a big part of why I love goin to the match.
Songs of the day at Cardiff,

"Here's to you Vincent Company, City love You more than you will Know o o ohh."...................

"We still play in blue, we still play in blue ue ue, we are Man City, we still play in blue." !!

"ENGERELAND, ENGERLAND ENGERLAND......................................."

Fuckin ace,

shame we cant defend corners though

swblue7 said:
Woeful atmosphere v Hull. Thinkin of sacking home matches now and saving money for away matches. You get proper hard core blues at away matches who know how to get behind the team and have some banter and loads of singin.
Went to Cardiff last week, great atmosphere all around the ground and 2.5k blues all packed together givin it plenty of decibells for most of the match. great crack and banter and atmosphere, which is a big part of why I love goin to the match.

"Here's to you Vincent Company, City love You more than you will Know o o ohh."...................

"We still play in blue, we still play in blue ue ue, we are Man City, we still play in blue." !!

Fuckin ace,

So your solution to getting behind the team is to not go?

I can see that catching on

lets get some of the kippax back, make the whole lower tier of the east stand safe standing, offer cheap tickets and do a kippax card that if you buy it comes with a warning that not only will you be standing but you will be expected to sing too. also first dibs on away tickets would help drag all the singers in.

Maybe the club need to bring back that piped in atmosphere.........

"We love you city, we do....."

I thought the pigeons in the roof were singing it when I first heard that!

stefranceuk said:
swblue7 said:

Fuckin ace,

So your solution to getting behind the team is to not go?

I can see that catching on

If you read the post properly you may have noticed I said I might stop goin to home games and "go to away matches instead" . Home games always sell outs so i'm sure somebody from the silent brigade will gladly take my seat so no support lost from the club's perspective.

I used to sit (stand) in the south stand, I used to sing along with the best of them. When people weren't singing I used to start a song happy in the knowledge that others would join in.

I have now moved to east stand level 2, If I was to sing their everyone would view me as a nutter and annoying! I don't know what the answer is but the majority of the crowd are just not up for singing..

alibee73 said:
lets get some of the kippax back, make the whole lower tier of the east stand safe standing, offer cheap tickets and do a kippax card that if you buy it comes with a warning that not only will you be standing but you will be expected to sing too. also first dibs on away tickets would help drag all the singers in.

If only it were that easy. Safe standing in this country is a pipe dream and will be fought every step of the way, not least by the supporters of Liverpool FC. I wish people would stop talking about it like its a simple boardroom decision by the club. I can't ever see it happening.

swblue7 said:

Fuckin ace,

Errrr there was no way you were in the STANDS at Cardiff if you heard the Vincent Kompany song!! That was only sung in the concourse. As for the atmosphere, well we definitely didn't out sing the Cardiff fans and two minutes of Engerland, Engerland, Engerland followed by one minute (if that) of 'We still play in Blue' are not exactly 'loads of singing'!!! 90 minutes football is played (plus stoppage time) and 5 minutes of singing does not really cut it now does it??

Sorry to rain on your parade, normally at away matches we do get a good atmosphere and lots of singing but Cardiff nooooooooooooooo.

Ooops, I said I wasn't getting involved in this thread any more...................... but I couldn't let that one go, sorry guys and gals.

I have seen comments about 'Johnny come lately's' and i genuinely don't think we have that many, there are probably hundreds rather than thousands. Our gates since being at the stadium have averaged between 42 and 47000 apart from that terrible Pearce season when we averaged 39,997 so most of those who were there against Hull i would suggest in the main have been here since the stadium opened.

We do not have a middle class support but what we do have is or so it seems it a dearth of supporters in the 16-24 age bracket certainly compared to other clubs which may explain the abysmal atmosphere, i do hope that when the ground is extended we can start to attract lads in that age range with decent pricing because however good value the season tickets are the price of match day tickets at the Etihad are obscene. If these 12000 extra seats are a decent price we will fill the stadium if we continue to charge the prices we do for non ST holders then we will fill it a few times each season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.