Overseas blues tuning in...

10 AM here in Motown - Detroit, MI.

Just me and Our Kid. I have considered asking a few mates over, but if we win I will be very emotional and would rather not let loose in front of others besides my brother. I was already crying a bit last Sunday when Yaya lit it up.

Can't believe we are finally this close to grasping the title after all this club has been through.

Also, just want to say to EVERY English Blue that reads this:

You have endured a difficult history. You have suffered the jokes and the slating of the English football community for so long. "Typical City - they win when they should lose and they lose when they should win." You stood by this club through thick and thin. You sang your hearts out week after week, year after year. I was drawn to this club so strongly by the SPIRIT and the PASSION I saw in the supporters. You deserve this. I want this title for Manchester City FC, yes. HOWEVER, I almost want it more for YOU! IF this happens and we finish this off, I hope you people celebrate with the same SPIRIT and PASSION that I have seen over the years.

Everyone has dreams, or so they say. My #1 dream in life is to someday walk into the City of Manchester stadium on match day to see the lads do battle with whoever happens to walk out of that tunnel with us. Just as importantly, I want to feel what it is like to be in your midst as you sing the lads on to another victory. For just one day, I want to be there with you all.

One more win, and they will all have to accept that we are the best in England. One more win, and all the bollocks about Typical City will be laid to rest. One more win, and you can all lose yourselves in the moment you have waited for and so richly deserve.

I will be over here in the States, envious as hell at all of you. LET'S FINISH THIS THING.

CTID

9PM - Phuket, Thailand

Location as yet undecided.

With the Man City Supporters Club of Phuket (Okay, just me and my mate Tony)

This thread has just prompted me to text him, coz I realised all the games are on at the same time. Any blue who has been in Thailand and wanted to watch one of our games in a pub when we are playing at the same time as either Utd. or L'pool will know that it is nigh on impossible to find a venue.

Everybody says the PL is popular in Asia, but that's not quite true: Liverpool and Man Utd are massively popular. To most Thais, the PL is just a system that produces teams to line up to get beat every week by them two, until twice a season they meet each other; and then everybody has a massive, great, big fucking football party in Bangkok. Pure, unadulterated, Asiatic, gloryhunterdom.

Sorry, rant over.

10 am

New Jersey, (or maybe at the Mad Hatter in NYC...I've never been and don't want to be accused of glory hunting if I go on Sunday.)

9PM - Bangkok, Thailand...

Might ask Frank Shinawatra to phone-in to celebrate with friends here if the man behind the junta doesn't mind. ;)

Midnight here in sunny Brisbane. I may well go into the City to the Pig & Whistle where they will be screening it for the Brisbane branch of the City Supporters club, or if I cannot get a lift after that, I will have to watch it at home with a few beers. After approaching 40 years of following City, I am a nervous watcher, so this may well be the chosen option. I have booked annual leave the next day so I can go through the night!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.