Palace - Post match thread

Thanks for reply, but I say again, I have no agenda against any blue, always been loyal, how could I be anything else the amount of time I have been a city fan. Derek Kevan and David Wagstaffe used to be my favourites, so when I see KDB, Kun, Silva and co playing for us how can I be anything but delighted :-)

That's the spirit Peggy.

Whilst I am pleased with Yaya's goals and hia attitude and the players happiness for him, I dont think he is now our main man in midfield upon whom the title now depends or is even influenced by him.

Great goals though, this was a win we needed and tbh we did grind it out. Impressed with the win on an off day with a weakened team.

Good win but I think the title's gonna be Chelsea's this year. Conte's got his formation and preferred starting XI all figured out and it's working like a dream. They look like they're cruising to the title on autopilot. Curious to see though what a first real test will do to their system.
Pep's getting pretty decent results but the team's changing all the time. I feel like he's really in search for his best team, and now the fantastic comeback of Yaya is likely to screw up his mind even more. In some respects it would've been better if Yaya's return would've been a complete failure, then it would've been an easy decision for the manager.
I'm pretty sure Pep will get everything sorted but I don't think it will be in time to win the title this season, Chelsea are going to drop very little.
Next season surely City's then!!

People calling the title already, not even a third through the season, with 4 points separating the top 5... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People calling the title already, not even a third through the season, with 4 points separating the top 5... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I know, but I'm not basing on points, just the way the top teams have settled after the first part of the season, and in that respect, I think Chelsea looks like the most stable, consistent & confident team right now. I really can't see them drop a lot of points v the smaller teams, and we know that's crucial to become champions, and has been a problem of City in recent years. This season again I think we're not looking very solid, with the starting line-up shifting all the time. The fact that we have to guess not only names of players but even formation before every game tells me we're still very much in search for our best team, and if we don't find it quickly, Chelsea might just run away with it this year. Liverpool also have a pretty clear view on their strongest team, but I just can't see them last until the end. Arsenal will be the envious 4th like always.

We have been consistently one of the best teams against bottom half teams in the last few years and where has that got us?

I think it could all come down to the last 7 or 8 games and I wouldnt swap our run in with anyone. So as long as we are in touching distance it will all be to play for.

I know, but I'm not basing on points, just the way the top teams have settled after the first part of the season, and in that respect, I think Chelsea looks like the most stable, consistent & confident team right now. I really can't see them drop a lot of points v the smaller teams, and we know that's crucial to become champions, and has been a problem of City in recent years. This season again I think we're not looking very solid, with the starting line-up shifting all the time. The fact that we have to guess not only names of players but even formation before every game tells me we're still very much in search for our best team, and if we don't find it quickly, Chelsea might just run away with it this year. Liverpool also have a pretty clear view on their strongest team, but I just can't see them last until the end. Arsenal will be the envious 4th like always.

Chelsea play Spuds and us in next two games. Lets see after that.

If they come through unscathed then maybe but what if they lose both?

If buts and maybes right now. Chelsea defence ok versus run of the mill forwards. I see problems when Luis and Cahill play against the like of Kane, Sergio, KDB etc

Liverpool and Chelsea both looking quite settled, but not invincible, and considering City aren't showing the same consistency but we're still only just behind those two teams, we're in a good position in terms of the league. I think it is quite telling, though, that the top two teams don't have any midweek distraction, so it will be interesting to see if being out of Europe helps either of them as the season progresses.

Apparently we were going to go through the season unbeaten in September and now Chavski are going to be Champions in November.

We above all fans know that there can be many twists and turns even in the last match of the season !!

It's advantage Chelsea because they have no European distractions which could ultimately be decisive. I think we have the better players but they look to be more of a 'team' at the moment. If we'd beaten Neverton & Smoggies as we deserved to what would peeps be saying ?

A lot of water to flow under the bridge yet and we'll be there !!

Enjoy the twists & turns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.