Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

I’d like to quote myself for a second

‘fuck off Mahrez you’re not taking this’

id also like to apologise and remind myself that I am a fucking moron. Well played Riyad
Like me. What the fuck is mahrez fucking doing.

Great goal Riyhad

Last edited:
There are people on this forum that never learn. The amount of times I've read 'Oh I was wrong about him' after they've slagged a player off for months is ridiculous. It's not even the first time it's happened with Mahrez.

Now they've moved on to the next set of players. Sterling, Jesus, and Torres. I might have a sweepstake as to who it'll be next season.
And the thing is that all those players will come again. Sterling is just knackered (like Bernardo last season); Jesus has lost confidence, and Torres is still learning. They will all step up again next season...while someone else goes off the ball. That's the way football works.

Was able to see the replay of PSG's goal just now.

You can CLEARLY see that Dias is undercut by the far shorter Paredes (this matters) to remove him from the play and Gundo shades left due to the overload, but instead gets screened by the overload on the right:
  • Before the corner Paredes has his arms up acting like Dias is grabbing him (probably to distract).

• Once the corner is taken Paredes squats and leans his back side into Dias' legs.

• Because Paredes is so short it easily undercuts Dias from the play.

• There is an overload of attackers on the right side of goal

• Gundo, who is more centre and away from the overload, decides to shade Marquinhos left, perhaps because there are few players and worries he can get a clear path there.

• Problem is there's a lot of players on the right that can also screen Gundo.

• Gundo, who is giving some space defending Marqinhos, perhaps because of his lack of pace, is now also facing the wrong way when...

• Marqinhos goes to the right/near post, not the left, and is then Gundo screened out of the play.

• By the time Dias gets away from Paredes' antics Marqinhos has built up speed and on his way.​
Watch (this is probably only for U.S. viewers):

So Micah, who I love, not so sure he's right there. Carragher agreed with him, but this looks like a set play to take out Dias and isolate Marqinhos with Gundogan.

E0F6ZBeXIAItTtj
E0F5nwYWUAkEA3U

E0F6Ky4WEAIpNrz

E0F7CKoXEAEbrIC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.