Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
£10m is a steal. They put a £30m price on dembele a few months back apparently.
Nobody paid it though.

I'd rather send him to someone like Saints or Bournemouth, both play decent football, can develop a youngster and we'd be strengthening one of the rags' rivals.

do i think he will be the real deal maybe but i never like loans deals to lower leagues and celtic are way off the standers of premier league but winning spreads a good feeling and gives you the confidence so his game at the moment he must be flying would like to see him at west ham or swansea next season just give him the chance to play top level football and then make up our minds

With Celtic he had experience in the champions league, winning trophies and matching the expectations of a team that HAS to win week in week out infront of huge home supports. He played and SCORED against your own team during this loan deal and came up against Barcelona. Instead you'd have rather seen him get fucked every week playing for Swansea?

Oh Gowd, here we go again, another Celtic fan telling us why it's so great playing for Celtic.

Or playing against pub teams in a one team league. Has to win???? Lol! That's not hard.

Winning pointless trophies that Celtic might as well be handed at the start of the season.

Getting knocked out of the CL group stages. And playing 2 cup finals in the CL against an English team.

Yes, Celtic Park is always full. :-?

Trying to buy him for £6mill-£7mill. Please!

Celtic fans really are tiresome. Nobody is intetested in your league.

If PR wants to progress, he needs to play in the EPL, not in the SPL.

Well an interesting topic of debate:

If I was Roberts, I wouldn't dream of staying at Celtic. Terrible standard of football. It's a football outpost.

IMO, it would be best for him and MCFC if he moves to another club on loan. Of course, the loan has to be the right one.

Hopefully, now that Girona have been promoted to La Liga, we can send one or two of our better youngsters there.

I'd like to believe Roberts would want more than Celtic. Girona in La Liga could be an option, or see below:

Nobody paid it though.

I'd rather send him to someone like Saints or Bournemouth, both play decent football, can develop a youngster and we'd be strengthening one of the rags' rivals.

I have to agree with this, if we just want to loan him out. Sure Celtic played in champions league but then crashing out after the first round won't provide the same level of experience as a mid-table premier league team.

Whatever people think of Scottish football, his experience with Celtic and his success, mean he should be given a chance with us next season. We'll never ever know if our youngsters are good enough for US, unless they play for US, playing on loan at Girona, Swansea, NAC or Timbuktu FC won't tell anyone if he can play for City.

Whatever people think of Scottish football, his experience with Celtic and his success, mean he should be given a chance with us next season. We'll never ever know if our youngsters are good enough for US, unless they play for US, playing on loan at Girona, Swansea, NAC or Timbuktu FC won't tell anyone if he can play for City.

It's not quite simple when you are fighting it out at the sharp end. Risk dropping points? Bring him on when we are winning comfortably, meaning that he hardly plays for us? I doubt that would that be good for his development.

With Celtic he had experience in the champions league, winning trophies and matching the expectations of a team that HAS to win week in week out infront of huge home supports. He played and SCORED against your own team during this loan deal and came up against Barcelona. Instead you'd have rather seen him get fucked every week playing for Swansea?

big fat yes would like to see at swansea or west ham
the premier league is like nothing else and celtic was in the champions league but out very quick and even playing a very below par manchester city last season he did not stand out really if anything look miles away so lets get him in the best league at a club that plays football even if the team is down at the bottom he can shine in a poor team

but what ever happen to him in the summer he must not come back to manchester city and and play EDL football i don't think he could get a squad place or sit on the bench with what we have at the club so needs to be playing top level football in england each week or just sell him to celtic with add-on and a sign him back deal

Oh Gowd, here we go again, another Celtic fan telling us why it's so great playing for Celtic.

Or playing against pub teams in a one team league. Has to win???? Lol! That's not hard.

Winning pointless trophies that Celtic might as well be handed at the start of the season.

Getting knocked out of the CL group stages. And playing 2 cup finals in the CL against an English team.

Yes, Celtic Park is always full. :-?

Trying to buy him for £6mill-£7mill. Please!

Celtic fans really are tiresome. Nobody is intetested in your league.

If PR wants to progress, he needs to play in the EPL, not in the SPL.

Oh God here we go again, another narrowminded, arrogant, EPL is the be all and end all fan telling us why playing for fucking Bournemouth is so great.

Your last line is probably a fair comment.. the rest... we both know I could pick that nonsense apart (and i doubt you believe it).

Sensible. Really tough to break into any top english side where big money signings always take priority.

I ended up in a twitter argument with numerous Celtic fans. I only put the need to pay more than 5 Mil for him. Apparently their logic is because we are rich we shouldn't command high fees. My point was if he has played like a 5 million pound player they wouldn't be interested in buying him.

Celtic are getting a bonus with van Dijk. They can afford it if they want the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.