Paul Moulden's book "Lethal"

This will be a good one to read, as most are. For me Paul Lake's has been the best of the ones I've read. However it got me thinking about ex-City players whose books I wouldn't touch with a bargepole! For me, Danny Mills would be the absolute No.1, then maybe Glauber Berti and Steppy Stepanovic! What do others think?
The best one I've read was definitely the Andy Morrison one.

Happy memories ... I was always excited when Paul Moulden was in the team (which wasn't often enough) ... amazing finisher ... clinical.

Shame it didn't work out for him, but not much seemed to go right for the club in those days. If he'd scored bagfuls we'd probably only have sold him for a quarter of what he was worth.

Peter Barnes spoke at one of our SC meetings last year. Really nice bloke and spoke as a Blue despite the fact he also played for that shower of shite across town. Said he and Gary Owen never wanted to leave.
Spoke to him a couple of years ago, talking about City he referred to them as us. Also met his dad around 1990 a true gentleman.

A Stepanovic one would be interesting but I'd agree on the others.
For those of a certain age a Steppy book could be interesting. For instance, it could explain what Malcolm Allison originally intended to do with the likes of Steppy, Shinton, Silkman etc and what then changed his mind such that they would be completely discarded from the squad resulting in a total waste of money on them and the kids having to play every week.

Was talking to a lad about amateur footy at the weekend he mentioned scoring 150 odd goals in a season as a kid and having loads of scouts watching his games ..but to watch his brother in midfield,not him,lol
I thought his goal tally ( if true) was impressive,and having never been a regular goal scorer myself, couldn't match it....tried to recall Mouldens tally at Bolton lads but couldn't...checked later and nearly fainted,lol

An average of 7.2 goals per game!!

Mouldens best goal for City,under Machin,Chelsea away ,1988 a 3-1 City win ,Redmond Lake brightwell and Moulden as we ripped Chelsea to bits on their own ground ,Moulden scoring in front of the Shed end with a brilliant left foot strike from distance...a goal so good,it made the City fans quietly sitting in Cheseas West stand tier 2( away fans were banned) blow their cover get up and cheer..at that point I realised just how many Blues were in Stamford Bridge.
Home attendance that mid week night was 9k iirc....

Was talking to a lad about amateur footy at the weekend he mentioned scoring 150 odd goals in a season as a kid and having loads of scouts watching his games ..but to watch his brother in midfield,not him,lol
I thought his goal tally ( if true) was impressive,and having never been a regular goal scorer myself, couldn't match it....tried to recall Mouldens tally at Bolton lads but couldn't...checked later and nearly fainted,lol

An average of 7.2 goals per game!!

Mouldens best goal for City,under Machin,Chelsea away ,1988 a 3-1 City win ,Redmond Lake brightwell and Moulden as we ripped Chelsea to bits on their own ground ,Moulden scoring in front of the Shed end with a brilliant left foot strike from distance...a goal so good,it made the City fans quietly sitting in Cheseas West stand tier 2( away fans were banned) blow their cover get up and cheer..at that point I realised just how many Blues were in Stamford Bridge.
Home attendance that mid week night was 9k iirc....
Was there too, got two tickets off Chelsea winger Kevin McCallister, as he was my uncle Jim’s best mate from Falkirk. And yeah I agree that was probably his best goal for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.