Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand some of the comments being made, but am a bit surprised. Let's consider a few things.

1. They are signing a player who will no doubt improve their team. I agree he had a poor Euros but some of you all are acting like he's shit, he is a very good footballer and is only 23. The notion that he won't improve them is baffling.

2. Like it or not, they will be a threat for the league this season. Their signings could fail to meet expectations but I think Ibra will score a little under 15 league goals, Mkhitaryan will be much better than their options on the right were last season, and Pogba the same in midfield. Bailly I really don't know anything about, think he could be boom or bust.

3. The money is absolutely astronomical and absolutely much more than he is worth. He won't score enough goals to justify it and he won't win them the games to justify it, but at the end of the day the price has nothing to do with what happens on the pitch.

I still believe we have a better team, especially if Stones, Sane, et al join but let's be rational and understand that the rags, Chelsea, and possibly Arsenal will all challenge us for the title this season. I genuinely think next year when we get the dead weight off their contracts and Pep has everyone on the same page with his system + additional signings next summer we will be a fucking juggernaut but this season will prove difficult. I think we, the scum, and the chavs will all make top 4 but have no idea who will lift the trophy come May. But regardless of the price, Pogba definitely does not hurt their chances of doing it.

I understand some of the comments being made, but am a bit surprised. Let's consider a few things.

1. They are signing a player who will no doubt improve their team. I agree he had a poor Euros but some of you all are acting like he's shit, he is a very good footballer and is only 23. The notion that he won't improve them is baffling.

I don't think anyone would argue that it will not improve them on the pitch. You could argue that if you are going to spend £110m (and then the wages), you could use it better. That's arguable. He's not a Suarez or a Neymar, although he is about as good a midfielder as there is.

2. Like it or not, they will be a threat for the league this season. Their signings could fail to meet expectations but I think Ibra will score a little under 15 league goals, Mkhitaryan will be much better than their options on the right were last season, and Pogba the same in midfield. Bailly I really don't know anything about, think he could be boom or bust.

I am not sure. Ibra is old. It's very difficult to win the title without a striker who will score 20 plus.

3. The money is absolutely astronomical and absolutely much more than he is worth. He won't score enough goals to justify it and he won't win them the games to justify it, but at the end of the day the price has nothing to do with what happens on the pitch.

I still believe we have a better team, especially if Stones, Sane, et al join but let's be rational and understand that the rags, Chelsea, and possibly Arsenal will all challenge us for the title this season. I genuinely think next year when we get the dead weight off their contracts and Pep has everyone on the same page with his system + additional signings next summer we will be a fucking juggernaut but this season will prove difficult. I think we, the scum, and the chavs will all make top 4 but have no idea who will lift the trophy come May. But regardless of the price, Pogba definitely does not hurt their chances of doing it.

They should be stronger, but Arsenal are for me City's biggest challengers, especially if they get a striker.

People buying Pogba or Ibrahimovic shirts would have bought a Rooney, Martial or Rashford otherwise.

Shirt sales paying for a transfer is a myth.
Exactly, never understood that shit. By the way, since when did Pogba become such a superstar? People talk about him as if his name is on the Neymar/Messi/Ronaldo level, wtf?

I want to beat them so bad.... Hate the cunts more than anything in this world. Bastards.

People buying Pogba or Ibrahimovic shirts would have bought a Rooney, Martial or Rashford otherwise.

Shirt sales paying for a transfer is a myth.
Not to mention that no team in world football sells more than 2 or 3 million shirts a year. Unless they are somehow making £50 a shirt, which they aren't, and literally all 2 million of them are Pogba shirt that people wouldn't have ordinarily have bought if it wasn't for him signing. In reality a big singing might sell another couple hundred thousands shirts, if that, of which the club gets about £10 per shirt. So maybe a couple million pounds. Not quite £100m

Yeah great young player and obviously an improvement but I'm not getting where he is suddenly equivalent to Messi and Ronaldo etc as far as "shirt sales" or anything else really.

I will fully agree with Ahsan from the podcast to the extent that he isn't as good a player as de Bruyne.

Pasty gingers without silly hair and a "hip" image might not sell you as many shirts, of course, but that isn't a seriously major issue I would think.

Cracking player with a lot of potential. £100m+? That's a lot of potential to fulfil. I, too, blue tinted aside, prefer our pasty ginger on the pitch for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.